My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mish Mosh















































































Here is a group of pics that I have been saving up. 6 yr old grandsons riding their dirtbikes. They are going to be racing this summer. The bikes are so little and the boys look way cute in their gear. Sewing projects I have actually started and finished. I am about to begin a small quilt. I want to do embroidery on a few of the squares too. I have been practicing the embroidery for the last several days and nights. I just love to do handwork. It is one thing that gives me a real feeling of accomplishment. Back in my hippie days in the 70's my boyfried and husband had many beautiful items jeans and shirts I had done lots of embroidery on and they were my pride and joy. Back in those days I learned most of what I knew from my favorite book "Living On The Earth" by Alicia Bay Laurel. I still have that old book that Jody bought me in 1971. I have cooked or sewed most everything in that old thing. The dried fruit thing is a project I began before Xmas and just finished. The pillow is a project I began for Heather 12 yrs ago. I hate that I let things slide like that. The kitchen window is a pic of the new curtains I just made. That window is my favorite spot and is full of things I love.ps, I just added a few more pics. Cady getting her sonagram and Jessie with baby Jody and sick Gage. Jody was trying to nurse and Gage was in his way. Amalah had a beautiful post today about breast feeding. It made me cry. I miss so much holding my babies and them looking up at me and grinning and the sound of them gulping as my milk let down and it came a bit too fast. Cady was 3yrs and a few months when she was finally weaned. She was my last baby and I let her go as long as she wanted. Now she thinks I was crazy. Well she did till she found out about the baby coming to her. She plans to breast feed like everyone else in the family. I am so glad that they all chose to give it a try. I miss a snuggly baby in bed with us and hearing them snort as they root for a boob to latch on to. It's not for everyone and that's okay, really to each his own. Sorry, having a mommy moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger CrystalChick said...

Nothing wrong with a Mommy Moment!!! Keep 'em coming! I wasn't able to breast feed either of my children. My daughter started with Alex and then just couldn't continue but just the initial couple weeks was helpful enough for him being a preemie I think!!

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home