My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Finally, It is Done







After everything I said about the tree it took till tonight to get it finished. Joe and Cady put it together on Sunday. The weather was nice and Joe wanted to work in the yard. He promised to find the lights and get them on the tree Sun night so we could decorate the poor thing. Joe was kinda cranky and had lots to do for his flight the next day so nothing was done about the tree. Joe had grabbed the boxes with lights in them and told me they were the lights that go on the house and he had no idea where the tree lights were. I talked to him several times while he was in New Orleans about the tree and finally today I fell apart. Like he could help. He is hundreds of miles away. Christmas is just days away and the tree was naked. Boxes piled everyplace waiting to decorate the tree. I stayed up till 2 AM sewing the blankets for 2 of my grandsons. It all had to be dome by hand as I used fleece and it just doesn't work on the sewing machine. I also finished the scarves I knitted for Madison and Natalie. I am so happy that I actually completed those projects. After seeing Joes plane take off, Cady and Heather and I went to the mall and a few wonderful shops that were not at the mall. This is my 3rd week-end at a mall. I am not able to handle this much walking I guess. I felt pretty bad all last week and then today I thought I was in the same shape. It is so depressing to have so many ideas and lists of things to accomplish and my body has no intention of going along. Sara called and found me in tears. She loaded up Maddie and appeared at my door 15 minutes later. Cady came in the door right behind her. Sara began the search for the lights. Right away she found that Joe was wrong about the lights. Sara and I put the lights on the tree and then we all got busy and now I am a happy mom. The tree looks just wonderful. It looks just like our real trees always look. I still have much decorating left to do but the tree is up and I feel like maybe I can get myself together this year in time to make it nice for my family. Christmas memories are not about the gifts you get. To our family it is all the things we do together and seeing the kids sing Silent Night in the school play. It's reading the story of Jesus birth and then The Night Before Christmas and knowing the kids get it. We totally do the whole Santa thing here but Jesus as well and one does not knock out the other. I love Santa and never stopped believing. In just a very short amount of time I have come to love this baby. I find myself hovering over Cady already. I am amazed how God works these things out. Joe is starting to feel better about it too and that is a big burdon lifted. Joe loves babies and we already know he will take over this baby as soon as it is born. I love you all for your loving comments to me. This was so hard those first few days. Now it's hard to believe that my heart was so broken. It's just after midnight now and Joe is less than 100 miles from home. I am so happy he made such good time. Going to make him some hot cocoa and bacon and eggs and then off to bed. The wind is kicking up and it is cold out there. I hope I can get all the decorating over tomorrow. The grandkids love it but so do my kids. I hope the time never comes when I can no longer do all the things I do now. I guess it will be like tonight. Sara heard my cry and came a runnin. I will post some pictures as soon as Joe helps me with them. My love and best wishes to you my sweet friends. You are a special.

1 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

Of course you love the new baby! You just needed time to work things out in your head.
How are feeling today? I have a hard time walking around the mall, too. Shawn and I have been out everyday getting ready for the holidays. We still have some stuff to do today..Then, I am DONE. I will be laying about tomorrow. No more rushing.
Have a great Christmas, Debi.
Biddie xx

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home