My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Getting With The Program




For the most part I am over being sad. Maybe it was going to the big mall in El Paso with Heather and Jimmy last Sunday that got my heart to changing. I saw some of the cutest baby clothes in the world and that was all she wrote. This baby is going to be a girl and her name is Isabella. Cady is at her first sonagram appt right now. I am not there because I have the flu. Boyfriend is supposed to meet her there but just in case he cannot make it Heather( big sis) will be ready to jump in. I had to call work for Cady to let them know she will be late and I told them the news. The woman I always end up talking to is such a big bitch. Cady is staying there until next week and get her damn Xmas bonus. After that she can look for another part time job. I can get upset with my daughter but nobody else better give her any trouble. The only time I ever got a ticket was for threatening to hit a police officer for arresting my 14 yr old son for something he did not do. Yes, I have a real trashy side what can I say? The judge laughed at the ticket and gave me no fine. I have since learned to control my temper a little better.
Joe is flying to New Orleans on Sunday. Picking up a vehicle on Mon and driving it back here. I always wanted to see the French Quarter when I was younger. Hope he takes a few pictures for me. Sunday before last is when Cady gave us her news. I had cried on and off all that day over having to put up a fake tree this year. Never in my life have a had a fake tree. I don't know why it such a big thing for just this one year. I had to make a choice. We don't have the money this year and I have 8 grandkids to buy gifts for. If I spend 60.00 on a tree it will put a big dent in my funds. Okay, no big deal. Then finding out grandbaby # 9 is on the way kind of took the importance of the tree off my list. There is still no tree up in our home. I have decorated the mantle and piano and all the doorways. I cannot bring myself to put together a tree. This is a big and very beautiful fake. Heather used it in her den last year. My dad is rolling over in his grave just knowing that I have it in my house. I am not sure if it's about me and my dad or what it is. He took me with him each year to pick just the right tree. It was a big deal. Christmas was my dads favorite thing all year. This sounds like self therapy. Tonight no matter what, before we turn out the lights there will be a tree up and I know I will be happy. I am so blessed how can I waste time on something so small?

6 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Isabella is a beautiful name. I hope that your Christmas lovely with or without a tree. Come and visit me...I posted for the fist time in weeks.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I knew that she was having a girl. I love the name Isabella. When is she due?
I am happy to hear that you are feeling better abouT things. A new baby is such a blessing! Cady had you and Joe to help and guide her.
I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Isabella is a beautiful name! I love it!

I have to admit that I am completely in the dark on the tree thing. Everyone LOVES real trees and talks about how it's just not Christmas without one...but I grew up with fake trees all my life, and have never known the smell of a real tree, other than in a candle scent, haha. I must not know what I'm missing?

7:29 AM  
Blogger debi said...

Thank you for hanging in there with me. I can always be counted on for drama. I need to be more laid back for sure. Cady is only 6 weeks along. She and I decided it was a girl and she picked that name and I love it. She and boyfriend actually got to hear a heartbeat due to that fact that they wanted to be more exact and did a vaginal something that could pick up the heart. Amazing. Cady said they could hear it loud and clear. Boyfriend admitted he didn't realize this was real until that moment.Guess I have to stop calling him boyfriend. Sergio is his name.Finding out this fast makes for a very long pregnancy. The good thing is she is already taking her vitamins and gone off Dr Pepper. Right now we are goning to put up the fake tree. I looked at pictures of it from last year in Heathers den and it looked like a real tree. My daughter Sara saved me the extra branches from her tree and I will use them on the piano and it will smell like Christmas. Shame on me for the whole thing.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Wow, I loved this post! I'm so happy that you are turning around your approach to the pregnancy. At 44, I would love to have one more baby with Breen but it is not medically possible. No matter the age of the mother, a baby that comes in to the world greeted by a loving family is a blessing. I agree that the baby clothes are so adorable! Isabella is such a regal name...LOVE IT!

For years when I was married, we were only allowed to put up a fake tree. At first, I cringed because my parents always had a real one and their parents as well. Then I realized that I could still love the artificial tree by putting my special ornaments on it. The beautiful thing here is that you made a choice to give more to your family and cut back on the tree (NOT that material things are so important but your gesture is).

I too have always wanted to visit the French Quarter. I told Breen that the other day.

7:29 AM  
Blogger debi said...

I just read over all your comments one more time. You all make me feel so cared for and watched over. What a special thing. Thank you, every single one of you, I love you.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home