My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

This Mom's Life



Oktoberfest is something I planned to do a post about. Until I went. It was very much as I percieve a Roman Festival to be. No rules as long as you did not fight. I did not enjoy more than 20 minutes of the 4 hrs I was there. I have been 3 other times and never noticed what must have been going on around me. We were always inside the hangar doing the Chicken Dance and eating and laughing. We all stayed together and I never wandered about. I will have to put some thought into a post about that for later. My big day is waiting. Today is library day for me! I wonder if it is sad that of all that life has to offer a person my big thrill is to wander the isles of the little library in search of new places to go and people from other moments in time to meet. I finished my 3 books a few days ago and that is too many nights with no book. I read Falling Angels, The Keeper Of The Mill and The Lady and The Unicorn. I am working my way through all of Tracy Chevalier. I wish Frank McCourt had another few books in him. I love his style. I am on my way, have a wonderful Tuesday my friends. Hey, any ideas for a book? I do not read sci-fi. I went through a Robin Cook phase 6 years ago and loved them. But I am more into peroid stories. I loved Interview With A Vampire. Gosh I must have read that in 1977. It was a good book. But I am not into that genre either. I have walked out of only 2 films in my life , Interview With A Vampire and Eyes Wide Shut. Both Tom Cruise films. I don't think it was Toms fault. I thought the Vampire book was an interesting tale and most of that part was not included in the film. I guess that's why they say books are always better than the movie. Tis true.

5 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Have you read any books by Amanda Quick? Easy reads. I work at the library, so to me it is not sad to look forward to your library day. Before I worked at one, it was one of the highlights of my week;0) Also, I really enjoy going to work each day. Especially on Tuesdays when the new books come out! Happy reading.

10:34 AM  
Blogger CrystalChick said...

I LOVED the book Interview with the Vampire. When Lestat makes Louis a vampire, ooh, very sensual. Anne's writing is like that even though she writes about Vampires and you'de think that would be blood and gore only.

Hmm....
I'm not sure that we would be into the same stuff so I don't know what I could recommend. I am currently reading
'Why We Hate Us', about things that irritate the crap out of us and how to talk less and listen more.
'Bliss', about a girl in Turkey who was raped by her Uncle and then sent off by him to be killed by a cousin.
'Where Does The Money Go', about the federal budget.

And I sort of left hanging a couple others, one called
'In The Company Of The Courtesan', but I do plan to get back to that eventually.

And in the bookstore I started reading
'Twilight' altho haven't gotten further than maybe 60 pages so far because I got lost in election and government themes....
Barack Obama
s, Plan for America.

And if the print wasn't sooooo tiny, I'd have gotten further along in 'Supercapitalism' by now too.

Ah, tooooo many books, tooooo little time.

I admire how much you love to read and how you actually finish them!! ;)
I tend to jump all over the place.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I love going to the library. Last night I went looking for book #3 in the Harry Potter series. Kendall owns it but left it in my parents car this past weekend. She only has about 30 pages to go. I love to see my kids read. The other thing I love about the library? The paperbacks on sale in the lobby for 50 cents each. Got 2 last night :))

12:17 PM  
Blogger debi said...

Erica, Mary and Jane, thank you for the comments. I am glad to know I am not alone in library love. I liked Water For Elephants so much that I gobbled it up over night. I could not stop. I wish I could have savored it a bit longer.Some sleep would have been cool too. I went to sleep at 5am. I never noticed the time. I was in great shape to help with the decorating of our church for a wedding tomorrow. Somehow I was made the photograper also. Not good. My camera is junk. You see my photos. I will do my best and cross my fingers. Oh, maybe praying would be nice since it's at church.I should sleep. Nite nite

11:54 PM  
Blogger Ariad said...

I love the library. It's my chance to escape realilty in a way and imagine other lives. I also love Frank McCourt. He really knows how to emotionally engage his readers.

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home