My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Man Up MOm

Okay, yes, it's been a rough couple of weeks. I cannot bring myself to put it on here but take my word for it. Then an hour ago it started to rain. Like build an ark type rain. I know where the leaks are and ran and put out the buckets. This folks is the 2 yr old roof. Leaking fast and getting worse. new leak in laundry room. Piece of ceiling came down. Hubby called to tell me to stay home as the roads are all flooded and closed. I took that chance to yell at him for the leaks he should have fixed. Our old fireplace inches away from the house with each rain causing new leaks. Not his fault. Me: a huge bitch today. And then since the power didn't go off I thought I would visit a few of my favorite blogs and cheer myself up. What I found put me in my place. Molly, waiting any moment for baby Marin to be born. Baby Ruby had eye surgery last week and is doing great. Little Carson had yet another brain surgery and is home safe at last. My roof leaks? I am ashamed. All the stuff I could not blog but are keeping me awake at night are still just not that important when I read about what others are dealing with and I must say they are doing it with so much grace. I have to get it together. My kids need to get their lives together and give me some peace. My bloggy friends teach me so much. Some of you just drop me sweet notes now and then sending your kind words. They are one of the biggest blessings to me right now and to you all I send much love.

6 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

There is no need to feel ashamed. Your troubles are no smaller than anyone elses. They are yours,and are a worry to you.
I am so glad that you are back. I was worried about you.
I am only an email or a phone call away.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Our whole roof leaked really really bad. I stapled tarps over the roof till we could afford to fix the leaks and put on new shingles. The tarps ended up covering the roof for 3 years! I was on a ladder and on the roof in a wind storm stapling down the tarps that broke free. Hang in there. It will get better and you will be stronger for all you have been through. Hugs

5:53 PM  
Blogger CrystalChick said...

You just can't measure your own issues against anyone elses. Sure there are always going to be people who seem to have more troubles just as other people appear to glide thru life unscathed, but you know, you could have just a little hang nail and if that's the limit of what you can deal with that day then that's what you have to try and deal with and make better.

Now who did your roof two years ago? If it was a company then they need to come back and fix it ASAP because you'de be way within your warranty. If it was family, well, that's a tough one. But atleast maybe you could tarp it somehow, like Peggy did, to avoid damage being done inside.

One day at a time Debi.
Peace and love, Mary

8:30 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

My old gate house that I live in was built in 1936. Years ago we added an addition. There are ceiling leaks every time it rains hard. I know where to put the buckets and every now and then a new one springs up.

I love the blogging world for the wonderful people I connect with. For me, I know I'm not alone in my challenges.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Molly's and Marin's big day is almost here. Luke and his little family will be here in any minute so that Frema can be with Molly. That flooding and leaking sucks and can put anyone of us in a mood. I do not get around to blogs much anymore, but I am thinking about you. Take care.

3:39 PM  
Blogger debi said...

Thank you all for the kind words. I have to say that I did not desire or expect sympathy or understanding on this. Jane you are so right,my small group of friends here mean so very much to me. All of you are so special. I know I am blessed.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home