My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

back in the ER again

Due to pain beyond what Cady could stand and the fact that vicodin wasn't helping, we returned to the ER last night. Because they did not take pictures of her shoulder or arm the night before. Brandi told them that she thought Cadys arm may be broken due to the way she found her laying. I was told not to come with but to wait while they took x-rays and did a cat scan that first night. Last night it looked like we may be in and out in under an hour. I must have been high to think such a thing. They took us in within 4 minutes. Waited for 5 minutes and bam, they were right there taking Cady back to x-ray. Brandi along again to supply any info and cuz she was sure that Cady had some unfound internal injuries and may die. I have been blessed all my life with friends who truely loved me and I am so happy the my Cady has that kind of a friend too. Cady was back from x-ray in 10 minutes and then we waited. For 2 or more hours. Brandi brought her required reading with her and I ended up telling her the story since she hates to read.( huh?) One of my favorites and a book I have read at least 4 times, Wuthering Heights. I don't think she was all that interested in my mini version of the book but I tried. It was a way to kill some time. Her shoulder and arm are not broken but they think her shoulder is separated. Think? They immobilized her arm and gave her percocet and sent us home again. She is still in alot of pain but theres nothing I can do about it. She is going to have to let it heal. Brandi and Cady are going to start drag racing in a few weeks so I guess she will feel better by then. Brandi's parents are professional drag racers here and have fixed a car for Brandi. She wants Cady to ride with her. Okay, I am the origional hoverer but with other kids their age drinking and doing drugs or having babies I have decided to lighten up and let her have a life. Brandi is her dads only daughter and he will not let them get hurt. We live where there is nothing for kids to do and thats when they find bad things to entertain themselves with. Yes, I am worried but I am letting her give it a shot.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry you had to take Cady back to the ER... glad nothing is broken but it still sounds PAINFUL!! Praying she feels better VERY soon!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

Poor Cady! I hate going to the ER. All of that time waiting when all you wanna do is lay down adn sleep or find a comfy chair to relax in.
I'm glad that iit isn't broken...when will they know if it is 'just' seperated?
I have to tell you, I am learning that the older my kids get, the more difficult it is to be a parent. I HATE watching my kids do things that scare me, or I think are just plain bad ideas.
That being said, my Dad raced cars too (stock cars) and I am soo impressed! Your Cady is like my kayla - fearless.
Hugs, I will try to email you tomorrow :)

6:23 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

The drag racing sounds awesome! GO GIRL POWER. I hope she feels better. It sounds like a good ER. In the past, I've had to sit for 2 hours before getting in.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey! I came to your blog after you left a comment on mine. Bad story! I hope Cady is feeling better already?

I thought about reading "Wuthering Heights" after reading "Jane Eyre" tonight, so it´s your favourite book? Sounds like I should make it my next read tomorrow ;-)

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Marcy Barnes and i would like to show you my personal experience with Vicodin.

I am 23 years old. Have been on Vicodin for 3 months now. Is very relaxing, is the perfect medice for pain and eit calms you and mellows you down the best

I have experienced some of these side effects -
constipation, dependecy, nausea and stomach pain at morning.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Marcy Barnes

Vicodin Prescription Information

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home