My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Friday, August 01, 2008

My Little Guy


Today was the awards day for the Summer Reading Program at our library. Gage and Grandma and Grandpa read 140 books since May 25th. This is Gages 2nd year participating. It's a bit of work because we live out of town. It is so worth the little drive. He has learned to love books. He knows how to behave in a library and speak in his library voice. I noticed that alot of other kids and adults too still need to work on that one. For every 12 books read the kids got to put their name in for different prizes. Gage was sure he was going to win something but he did not. He did earn a special T shirt that he is wearing in this pic. Just in case I had brought with me a few little gifts for him. His favorite thing was from Biddie all the way in Canada. Kung Fu Panda chapstick. He got a few other things and he felt special and that's all I wanted. And now I gotta get going on that baby shower. It's tomorrow.

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Wow he read a lot of books! We participated in the summer reading program a couple years ago and Kayla enjoyed it. Didn't do it this year though as we've been gone too much!

I'm glad you've been able to get some good use out of the Friday Freebie posts!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I am so happy that Gage was happy. I had forgotten what was in the envelope..The chap stick was one of those things that I put in last minute. He is a sweet little guy and easy to please. Tell Gage that I am SO proud of him :)

2:13 PM  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

How cute he is! And way to go on all the books! That's too bad that they didn't give little prizes to all the kids. Our library gives something small like a chinese yo-yo or mini frisbee for every ten read. Gage would have racked up those prizes!!

Also, my boys have those shirts too. So cute.

9:58 PM  
Blogger CrystalChick said...

OMG, you guys freakin' ROCK. Reading all those books!!! Awesome.
And I think you added pics to the below post because I don't remember the one about 3 down, the guys hugging. That is intense.
And the old-fashioned ones. Neat!
Have a good week, Debi!
:) Mary

5:21 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Great pics! I am sooooo glad summer reading is over now. I work at a library and did all the story hours. Your grandbaby looks very cute.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

My girls were in a similar program when they were little. Such a blessing to see their eyes light up with each new book read. They are now both avid readers.
and also, a handsome lad he is !

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home