My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, August 18, 2008

What A Difference A Day Makes














Last night we tried to go to the county fair again. It rained everyone out the night before. Our fair lasts only from Thursday to Saturday at midnight. Got there Fri at 8pm and left during a huge downpour. Joe and I got soaked. Kinda fun. Joe worked all Sat helping a friend roof a house. He arrived around 9 pm and the rain came with him. I got there early and followed my kids around and got lots of pics of my grandkids. That's all I wanted anyhow. Joe ate an ear of corn while we huddled in a dry corner. Cady and her boyfriend found us and so I got a few pics of them too. Yes, pictures are the only reason to go to the Otero County Fair. Anyhow, I need to move this along and get to sleep. As you can see by the pictures from today Cady had an accident. She and Brandy and boyfriend Brian were 4 wheeling and having a blast out in all that mud. Cady ran into a ditch at 30 mph and flew over the handlebars. yes, she was wearing a helmet. She hit the bars very hard and then flew over them. Brandy jumped off her vehicle and ran to Cady who was unconscious for a minute or more. Brian got there a minute later. They got her to the hospital. After x-rays and CT scans and bloodwork she is okay. She has a severly bruised stomach wall and a concussion plus lots of bruises on her legs. She thought she was just fine but by the time she came back from x-ray she was crying in pain. Cady doesn't like to let people see her cry. She can take alot of pain before she will complain. I knew she was hurting bad. They gave her morphine in her IV twice until the pain subsided. Tonight she sleeps with moma and dad is on the couch where the air conditioner blows right on him and he is a happy guy. Our girl could have in been serious condition. I am so thankful that tonight she will be snugged up to me. God Is Good. The pic of guy in white coat and hat is Cadys big brother, Billy. Soon as he heard he left work and flew down the mountain. All she wanted was big brother to be there. The other guy is shy Brian. And then Brandy. Brandy was the one who knew how hard she hit and had to force Cady to the ER. I had sleeping kids here and had the ringer off on my phone so it was a while before they got hold of me. I will never turn off the damn phone again.This is always what I worry about.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lost A Sock said...

So glad Cady is okay!!

4:48 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

Geez Louise, that was close. Almost brought me to tears just looking at the photos.
I am soo glad that Cady is ok. Thank goodness - no, thank God.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

I really happy Cady is going to be ok. Hope you have a quiet dry week.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Oh my goodness! I'm SO glad she was not more seriously injured! Praying she is back to 100% soon!

3:57 PM  
Blogger debi said...

Molly, Biddie, Peggy and Renee, thank you for caring. You are like extended family to me.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home