My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Help

I have been sucked into the tele. I cannot stop watching the Olympics. The opening ceremony was for me beyond words. The minds that created such beauty, can you imagine? I used to be a swimmer when I was young and I always love watching them hit the water. Today was the first day of school. Like I said last year, now that it's just Cady here the thrill is just gone. After a summer of non stop eating and fighting and complaining with 5 kids I was always thrilled when school started. Heather read that Metallica is going to be in Albuquerque in Oct. If she goes we are going to send Cady for her birthday. Joe doesn't know that yet. I would love to go but that close to Xmas I am sure it will be impossible. We have too many animals to board. Joe can go and I can sit with the critters and little Natalie. And how is your week shaping up?

3 Comments:

Blogger CrystalChick said...

Hey, it's cool you're enjoying the Olympics. My daughter is watching alot of the games too.
Me and hub have been out alot lately and I haven't tuned in. :(

Not much happening here. School doesn't start 'til beginning of Sept. so we'll go shopping for that soon. My son is 15 so it won't be so hard. A few pairs of jeans and music t-shirts. LOL The school has no real strict dress code or uniform so he likes to be casual.
We applied for Passports yesterday in the event we find a good deal for somewhere outside of the US for our anniversary. We'll see. It's hard to save and it'll be hard to spend the money on a week that'll be over in a flash. Feel like we should be more practical but it's so darn fun looking at all the neat things to do.

Peace, Mary :)

6:33 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I am not into the Olympics. Maybe because Canada puts more $$$ into the Special Olmpics than the real thing. We just don't do enough for our athletes, and we always end up looking like shlubs. I did watch about 15 minutes last night. Saw China get a gold medal.
School is still a few weeks off for us. Who knows what KC will be doing, but just Kayla and Jessica are going back. My baby is in HIGH SCHOOL!!!! Egads!
KC wants to see Metallica, too. Not sure when they are coming, though. Shawn has seen them many times and he says that they put on a good show. Not my thing, but I might MIGHT make it to Crue Fest in a couple of weeks...We may be able to get $20 tickets.
I am taking Kayla and Cody to Toronto on the 22, and I think that will be most of my money. We are going to the Sci-Fi-Con. LOl. I know, I am a closet geek :)
The week is shaping up alright here. Shawn is going to be home early again today because he ran out of material...Sigh..We are always this close to a new pc. Oh well. We have food and tp and our internet. Couldn't ask for much more.
Funny you mentioned Christmas. I have already started shopping..Nothing huge, but I am almost done for my brother, Spencer and Lynn. Not bad, if I do say so myself. I have to start early if I am going to get everyone on my list something.
So, how are you ????

11:53 AM  
Blogger debi said...

I don't know which I love best, the summer or the winter Olympics. Today or well tonight was really great. It's the only thing worth watching all summer long. Biddie I think it's great Canada puts importance on the Special Olympics. I was watching for the Canadians tonight.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home