My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Wet You Say?




My hardwood floors in the livingroom are looking bad. Even with buckets the water splashes onto the floor. Joe got called in at 8 AM to the fire dept. They are on standby and have to fill sand bags. Roads are closed in Tulie and here. My friend JJ said her old auntie had called and water has now reached her back door and is coming in. Joe got up on the roof and tried to do what he could with some caulking. He got the leak that has been letting the water into my bedroom window sill. If this keeps up we won't be the only people whose old houses are in trouble. Joe did get 3 Legs to pee this morning. Yippy! He had to stay with him and play for a while. After running long enough he decided to go. Guess I will try to dry my poor floors again and bake something. I made bread and cinnamon rolls yesterday before Jimmys mom got hurt. She had her hip replaced last night and is doing well today. Jimmy was at the hospital by 6 AM. Cady got flooded in at Joeys last night. This is the biggest rain we have had since 1986.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Holy raining cats and dogs! I had fallen a few posts behind, so reading about all of the rain and flooding all at once - wow. I hope your leak doesn't get any worse. And does Joe ever sleep? You've got a good husband.

2:18 PM  
Blogger CrystalChick said...

OMG, Debi, that is some crazy weather you've got.
We had storm last week where the lightening was horizontal, it was very scary looking. Today we got another storm with a good bit of rain and HAIL but it let up. Sometimes we get water in the basement and when the one part of the gutter is acting up we've gotten quite a bit of water in the dining room but luckily nothing lately.


It's good that you can do a little baking and help out where needed. Hope you all get thru it okay without too much water damage. Thinking of you.
Hug, Mary
p.s. I wrote you email last week sometime, (response to your mail) but occasionally email goes missing. Verizon is glitchy. Hope you got it though. :)

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home