My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted (not so much))





















I told myself we would have so much fun today that I would not mind how broke Cady and I would be all next week when Joe is in Detroit. I lied. It wasn't that much fun. It was too hot. I decided we needed to take Gage. He was good but it wasn't a little guy kind of day. He had fun just going someplace with us but still. We wandered the tiny cobblestone streets of Old Mesilla going in this shop and that. When I had reached a years worth of stress level, I happened upon a nice little wine cafe. Tapas and wine. I sampled 4 wines and admitted to the lady I just needed a buzz and wasn't interested in how fruity it was or wasn't. She was cool with that and we had a nice visit while Joe played outside with Gage. Cady hung with me. Gage was in a very talky mood today. My ears still ring. It was talking with the volume turned up to max. We did like going into the old building that was once the courthouse where Billy the Kid was sentenced to hang. it would be fun to back back in the fall without kids. Cady found a wonderful old General Store bldg that had been made into a book store. That is where Joe is reading to Gage. We found some amazing books. Too bad the humidity was 100%. I should know better I suppose. Still, as I look at the pictures I can see it was a better time that it seemed then.Gage wants me to lay down with him so good nite John-Boy.

2 Comments:

Blogger CrystalChick said...

Tapas, wine, and books. Oh girl, I could sooooo hang out with you!!!

Vacations are never what they should be. I have been on a few that were positively dreadful.
About 3? years ago we planned a beautiful cruise. It was to have a little something for everyone. I worked hard finding just the right itinerary and ship, etc. We splurged on a balcony cabin and also what was to be the highlight of the trip, a dolphin swim while we were in Tortola and I couldn't WAIT!!
OMG. It got nasty reallllly fast! Our cruise was delayed because someone on the returning ship JUMPED overboard in front of his wife and kids.
He was never found. What a mess!
So, that situation changed our whole schedule. The port or Tortola was CANCELLED, and so were the dolphins.
Other things changed too.
I was sooooo sick from a variety of things that I was SOBBING almost daily.
I couldn't WAIT to get OFF that ship.
We had gotten a home equity loan and added some extra for this trip but it turned out to be a $4000.00NIGHTMARE and couldn't get reimbursed for any of it even though the situation was not our fault at all.

So this year is me and hub's 25th anniversary and we are saving to go away for it. I'm having a hard time deciding what to do and how much to spend because of past experience. LOL
I have kind of narrowed it down to Florida, they have dolphins there!! And maybe a day or two at Sea World and Universal but who knows......

6:02 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I love the Go-Go's. I could use a vaca, too.
I am sorry that the day wasn't more fun for you. I faint and wilt in the humidity, so it wouldn't have been much fun for me, either. Still the photos are great.
How is Charlie doing? I have been thinking of him. And praying.
What a nightmare for crystalchick! I have been on a real vacation, never mind a cruise. Seems like she has luck like ours, doesn't it? I hope her next trip makes up for everything.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home