My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Nose In A Book




These are my books for the last couple of weeks. Finished up The Cider House Rules last week. I really loved the characters in that book. It was a nice big book and I gobbled it up and had to run to the library for another. I like to already know what I want just to speed things up a bit. But this time I had nothing picked. Joe went with Gage and I for library day. Gage is up at 88 books not countuing the 13 books we checked out that day. If I lived in town he would have more books read but this is the best I can do. Like last year there will be prizes drawn. For every 12 books read you got a prize ticket. For the most read in your age group there are other prizes. Now this year I have it stuck in my craw that my grandson is going to win one of the most books read prizes. But I will only take as many books as I know we can actually get read. This may sound like too much to be competing but since last year when we first joined the summer reading program, Gage has developed a total love for books. And I really want him to hear his name called again this year. He just assumes that will happen. He's 3 he just believes. Grabbed a book called Bread and Dreams. So far so good. My next book is going to be On The Road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home