My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Sweet Time




I love days where I am alone to clean and sew and do things around the house. I am not one to want to be away from home much. I love home. It is where I am most happy. Hanging new things. Pictures or old doilies and dish towels. Old things say home to my heart. I love to picture all the hands an old doily passed through on its way to me. Our bed is over 125 yrs old. It belonged to Joes grandparents. I often wonder about all the women who held tight to the iron headboard while giving birth to one of Joes distant cousins. I have always loved old things. A new couch that looks old is about as close as I come to liking modern things in my home. I guess home means something different to everyone. These pictures are sort of a mish mosh of old things that I like.

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

I am guilty. I have been away from checking many blogs lately. You have had several intriguing posts. Your bed is beautiful. I like the kitchen picture too.

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home