My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Finding My Place And Feeling Some Peace



After spending my first bit of time on here without the worry or anticipation of anyone needing me for anything, I feel a wonderful bit of peace. I have actually read bits and pieces from blogs that are new to me. And of course my old favorites. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy visiting with all of you. Looking into your kitchens or livingrooms. I love to see how you live. I love to see youre kids and grandkids. I love to see your special handwork. I am very much drawn to quilters and knitters. Women who have a garden or live in cabins in the woods. You are homeschoolers and sunday school teachers. You are women who are amazingly organized and seem to get so much done(Molly,lost a sock)in a day. Women who don't really know me(Molly ans Gene) but send me a sweet note asking if all is well and checking in. Biddie you have adopted my grandson and send him sweet surprises and he loves your books. He loves to hear about how far away you live and trys so hard to understand what Canada is. There are women who I read each day but I leave no comment yet. But your stories inspire me to get moving and shut up the whining. All of you make me laugh and make me think. Soule Mama is one of my new favorites. Thank you Molly for having her on your blogroll. She inspired me to get back to handwork. I just found out that in my town you cannot buy any embroidery floss. It's been discontinued. HUH? I cleaned my room and found my hoops and enough floss to do me for awhile. These are the things that make me happy. To be creative. It's weird to me that something like this can bring so much joy back into my life. I am so blessed to have all of you touch my life. You really have made my life better. In my teen years I learned the hard way that I was more comfortable hanging out with the guys. I always had my old friends and along the way I have made some close friends with some women. But now as I am getting older( how can that be?) I have found a true comfort and feeling of belonging with many women. Many here on the internet. Most I will never even share a cup of coffee with. But nonetheless, they are my friends. You are dear to me. I truely care for each and every one of you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

Well, I do hope that one day, we WILL share a cup of coffee..Mind you, if I drink coffee, I will be going to the bathroom all day...
You are such a great friend, Debi. You have enriched my life in so many ways. I feel so blessed to have you in my corner..Thank God for the internet :)

12:06 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Debi,
What a beautiful post. I am glad that you feel at peace. I too feel a conncetion to those in the blogging world. I treasure those messages from you when our grandbaby was being born. I remember when there was a wedding in your family. Take care until, we all sit down for that cup of coffee.
Molly

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home