My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Enough and Thankful For It


We have been struggling for months. Joe takes extra work to make ends meet. I will say that not in a while have I rolled pennies for toilet paper. I still buy the odd stupid thing. Like a thing that we cannot eat that costs too much but hey, being broke gets old really fast. I spent 8.00 on dish soap from a store called Cricklewoods. It smells so wonderfukl that I actually look forward to doing dishes. It smells of rose and pomegranate with a hint of jasmine. I felt guilty for buying it. But I feel happy when I use it. So you see, we are not that bad off. I need to be more thankful and remember what poor really is. It is not us. We may not have alot but we are truely blessed to have enough. I have a few health issues but considering all things I am okay. So God, thank you. I AM BLESSED

4 Comments:

Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Thank you for writing this. I remind myself often to be thankful for the Enough that we have. Some days are just easier than others, you know?

7:34 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog because it helped me find yours! Love it and coming back later to read all your posts! Love meeting new blog neighbors!!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Hi Debi!

Great post! Things are extremely tough financially for me these days but it still seems that I'm able to buy a few fun things for me which makes me feel so grateful.

I'm so glad you made those potatoes. I've been thinking lately that I should get that food blog up and running...if only there were enough hours in the day :)

Jane

1:58 PM  
Blogger debi said...

Oh boy, I didn't know anyone had been to my blog in a while. It's so fun to see a comment now and then. Thanks for popping in girls. Have a great day.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home