My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME

Today was the first day of school. All kids in Otero County were back in their desks by 8:30 am . I feel somewhat letdown. I am the mother of 5 kids. Thats alot of kids, food and laundry. Plus all the other goodies I won't go into tonight. The first day back at school was so wonderful that I can only compare it to how I felt about Christmas when I was a little girl. With each passing day my excitement grew. The night before I could hardly sleep. And then after all the screaming and fighting over the one bathroom and who stole whose new jeans, they were off on their respective buses.Oh the peace and the peace. I could clean house uninterrupted. I could wash the dishes without having to refill the sink 4 times because the water had grown ice ass cold while I broke up a fight or made some helpless teen a sandwich.(my kids love the way I make a sandwich) It was a slice of heaven for me. I would bake them cookies and brownies and be ever so glad to see them when they got home.(you cannot miss them when they never leave) We just got along better. Now there is only Cady left at home.She's pretty quiet and actually helps me around the house.She has a job and isn't even here that much. Between the others being grown and gone and Cady being helpful and mostly easy to be around ,the entire back to school thing has had all the fun and joy sucked right out of it for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Either way, I hope that your days are grand as well as joyful. School starts next week for us here. Since Daddy D and I teach school, we go back as well at least for one more year.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto that, Deb. I snort the crayons just to get that back to school thing going, but its not doing it for me.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I always feel kind of sad when the kids go back to school. I like having them home with me...Even though they do make me crazy(er).
Mind you, a quiet house is nice, too....

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home