My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Friday, August 10, 2007

We Read So Many Books






Gage and I started at the last part of May. Every week checking out at least 13 books. He would have me reading by 8am each day. I can't even form words for the first hour I am awake. I had to get myself goin, but fast. He got very good at using his "library voice".Never once did I have to remind him. So many kids and parents didn't seem to know how to keep it down. He learned where the kid books were. He learned how to check his books back in. No matter how long it took,(when you are only 3 it takes a while let me tell ya) he would place each book into the book drop until the job was done. One of his favorite things. I enjoyed the books too. So many wonderful stories. So many fantastic illustrators. There were prizes for the most books read, a raffle, and prizes for the best book report. For the little guys Gages age they drew a picture representing their favorite book. Gage chose "The Red Balloon". He won first prize in his age group and got to pick a new book.All the kids got a T-shirt for participating. When his name was called he jumped up and said "I'm Gage".He had a great time. It is the first "thing" he has been involved in. He will be 3 in Sept.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is a wonderful post, Deb! You know how much I love children's books and I can't wait to have a grandbaby of my own to read them to. Hooray for you and Gage! Way to go Gramma!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Congratulations to you and Gage. He looks like a sweet child. I love libraries and books. I have some very fond memories of both my childhood at the library and taking my children to the library. Plus, I met daddy d in the library.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home