My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Friday, August 10, 2007

The Once A Week Blogger




I suck. I am getting worse about getting anything done here. It's been a busy week. But that's no excuse. Molly, over @ Lost A Sock, has two little boys and leads what seems to me a very busy life. She posts most everyday.So there ya go. I am just lazy. I sure keep up with everyone all week. I just can't make myself take 2 seconds and sign in so I can post or comment. I don't watch Gage on Fridays so I can get in here now with no excuse. Last week after my post about Rocky Horror I listened to one song and decided not to put the movie on. I got onto something completely different. I am very A.D.D. I am always jumping from thing to thing. I love the artwork of Tasha Tudor. Her life story is so very interesting.This is a place that knowing how to add links would be good. Too bad I have never spent 5 minutes and learned how to do that. Time,,I need more.Tasha is 92 yrs old I think. She lives in a different time. It's just beautiful. One of my favorite books when I was very small was "And it Was So". Her illustrations are so sweet. If you get the chance go to the family website and enjoy a peaceful moment. Because if you are listening to "The Time Warp" then you need some peace about now. My big problem or maybe not a problem,oh I think it must be, is that I have never decided what I want to be when I grow up. Eclectic is a good word to describe me. I just love pieces of so many things. I am taking Cady to work and then I want to catch up . Her trip to Calif was a blast. I had Gage in the summer reading program at the library this summer. Last Saturday was the grand finale. It's the first thing I have done in a long time that I felt really proud of. be back..oh, the pictures are of tasha. you really should read about her. it's a great story. i have always loved that time period and wearing old long skirts and aprons. aprons were last mondays fun assignment. see i want to have bits of the past but still have air conditioning and television.cars i can live without. i think the world was better off when it was a bigger place. when you could only kill people who were standing in front of you.does that make any sense to you?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to go downstairs and see if any of the books from my youth were illustrated by Tasha Tudor. Thanks for the tip.

"i think the world was better off when it was a bigger place. when you could only kill people who were standing in front of you.does that make any sense to you?" This makes great sense to me. I will have to think on it awhile.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Sorry, I am not sure that killing people at all makes any sense. However, I would agree that killing people is too easy.

I only blogged twice last week and one of those entries was Wordless Wednesday. In fact, I had a post started about my need to do some other things, but I could not organize my thoughts enough to make a coherent entry.

Your Tasha Tudor illustrations look intriguing. I will have to research her work some more.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have thought about this comment a lot. To me it would appear to be much more difficult to harm someone face to face than from a distance, which is what our government is doing. Even to our own.

6:24 PM  
Blogger debi said...

Gene I think what I meant to say was that it was a safer world before one country could reach out and touch another a world away. Killing so many. But like you, I wish there was no war. But then you have me posting about getting a gun and shooting the neighbors dog. I don't know what to think. We try to mind our own business and have consideration for others. Most of the time people are considerate back. There's always a fly in the oatmeal. I am always left with a feeling of hopelessness in cases like this.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home