My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, August 13, 2007

It's Fun Monday





Thank you Beckie. This weeks Fun Monday is being hosted by Beckie over at "Give it a Try, One Day at a Time".

When I was a little girl my 2 favorite treats were both candy bars. LOOK and U-NO bars. They were also my Dads favorite goodies. If we touched one of my Dads treats we were real sorry. Sitting in the dentists chair also made me real sorry. Ouch! These 2 treats can usually only be found at speciality shops now. The year before my Dad passed away I sent him a case of U-NO bars. He was thrilled and that made me so happy to actually please him.

My other favorite treat is home-made cheesecake. Store bought doesn't do it. Gotta make it yourself. Too bad it's so fattening.

10 Comments:

Blogger Beckie said...

That is sweet about your Dad and Uno bars. I have seen them, but I have never had one. I will have to pick one up the next time I see one.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen the Uno bars, but do they still make the Look bars? I don't recognize them at all.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

I do not remember seeing either U-NO or LOOK candy bars. Hmmm, I do recognize cheesecake. Your piece with blueberries looks especially delicious.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Kaytabug said...

I have never seen those bars...I bet they are yummy! I love love love cheescake!!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

you bake the cheesecake.. I'll bring the blueberry compote.

I know both those bars from years ago.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know those bars either, but I will keep an eye out for them at the candy store. Never miss a chance to try something new!

Hats off to you for making your own cheesecake. I'm impressed! That would not be me.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot recall either one of your favorite candy bars, but they should make a resurgence! Their names are wonderful :).

And cheesecake? Mmmmmm, HOMEMADE cheesecake? I have never made one, but, oh, how I like to eat 'em!

4:15 AM  
Blogger theotherbear said...

Great idea to send a carton of U-No bars. I'll have to look them up, I don't think we have them.
Home made cheesecake IS good. I like the baked kind lots.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Beccy said...

I've never heard of the candy bars but I totally agree with you about a good homemade cheesecake, delicious.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love that name U-no. Funny!

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home