My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppin Down The Bunny Trail



















































































































































































































I keep nodding off and waking back up. I am way too sleepy to post but I am getting so bad about letting things slip away.. So I just better wake my ass up right now. Before I show you Easter pics and tell stories about such, You NEED to see what all the kids are gonna be wanting for Xmas this year. I had Heathers 3 on Friday. A pretty easy group. Cady and Christian took the little guys out back to see the goats,. ( I am called goat grandma by Natalie and Seth calls me Jack grandma. Jack is our Jack Russell) Where was I? They were out there for a while and I wandered out to see what they were up to. Before I got to them I heard Christian yell something in a very excited voice.Everyone came running. The crowd parted and there it was. I very large vulture. Large and dead. Christian had Cady spread its wings so he could take about 100 pictures on his cell. Then he took a video. Seth and Natalie were dancing around and squeeling with such joy it was beyond belief. Except for Cady touching the wingtips I did not let anyone touch the nasty thing. Joe got home and they could not wait to share it with him. He seemed to love it too. It's wings were as wide as Natalie was tall. It crashed into a tree while on the hunt for a small critter.Years ago one almost got my big old white cat. We had to put a lid on our chicken coop as they would drop in for a snack now and then. I know, way too much info here but I had to tell you. I have spent good money on nice gifts that didn't bring near the joy that a dead bird did. I have no idea what is up with the spacing here. The more pictures I added the bigger the spaces became.




















Now Easter. Today was one of our best Easters in many a year. (Except for last night)Let me back up to last night. You knew I was gonna take the long way home now huh? I totally planned to attend church this morn. My husband play drums in the band and it is nice when his wife and daughter show up. We outgrew my house several years ago but Heather has too much going on with school and their upcoming vacation and asked if we could cram everyone into my place. Cram is the perfect word too. I was up till 3 AM last night cleaning and cooking and moving all those piles of this n that Joe brought home from Texas last month. It was just Cady and I. Joe was at band practice and then went directly to a car accident. The La Luz fire dept takes all those calls. We are out in the sticks. At 7 Joey called and asked if Gage could stay with us while they went to Ruidoso. Cady stopped cleaning and dyed eggs. ( Gage insists it is DIALING eggs) By 10:00 Cady and Gage dialed 50 eggs and she gave him a bath. I stopped and snuggled the sleepy guy and read him my old easter bunny book. They picked up the sleeping boy and a few moments later Joe came in. I got as much done as I could last night and went to bed. Got up and kept goiong.There was no way I could go to church and have everything ready. I went outside just before sunrise and had my own moment with Jesus. Joe was upset that I didn't go with him but he understood. Cady had to work. Everyone got here at 2:00. I think there was about 22 of us. Cady picked up Christian after she got done with her couple hrs of work and they hid eggs all over the yard. We have one acre. Everyone dyed eggs last night and Cady and Christian went around and gathered them and brought them out here to hide. We broke the old record. They hid 225 eggs this year. About half where plastic with candy inside. There were 8 kids running and laughing all over the yard. It was the best feeling in the world. The Easter Bunny always leaves each child a basket at our house too so sugar was king today. God Bless you everyone. You all have a special place in my heart. I hope your Easter was special.

1 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

I am soo looking forward to the Grandma days! We have no little ones now and to me, that is what the holidays are all about. It sounds like you had a fantastic day.
We had tons of food and then watched a Disney movie. It was nice. Happy.
Lol at the dead bird. What is it with kids? Still, I think that I would have out there poking it, too. Just a bit..You know, getting an up close and personal look at something that you only see in the sky.
Very cool.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home