My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Thursday, March 05, 2009





































Last March just before Gages baby brother was born, my 40 hrs wkly babysitting ended. Jessie is at home with both boys and baby Jody is still nursing. He will be one year old on April 1. It was hard for me to keep up with Gage and I knew I needed to stop. Even so, I have missed him more than I can say. He was still here on week-ends because Joe and I and Gage couldn't handle him being gone cold turkey like that. The part that has been nice for me is that I can help my daughter Heather with her kids twice a week while she attends classes. She has just a couple more classes and she will be in the nursing program. She is working herself silly in chemistry right now. It would be fine if it weren't for the fact that she has a family to care for and lots of homework. In between I have started sewing and knitting again. Time I have not had since 1976. I have been working on my embroidery skills again too. I am so happy with how things are going with all my projects. Last month my 22 yr old daughter Sara, decided she wanted to go to beauty school. That's when I knew that one way or another I would end up with my granddaughter Madison. I warned Sara that I am in testing right now since it has only been since Nov that I have had insurance. At any time my Dr may tell me I cannot put off treatment any longer. This Monday was her first day of class. Tomorrow is my liver biopsy. Mad and I did great all week. To tell the truth I am happy to have this time with her. She is 3 going on 16. She needs grandma time. We painted and colored and made jello. I traced her hand and embroidered her print. It came out lovely.She goes to a christian pre school 3 days a week for 3 hrs a day. I have had someone sick since last Friday. I am blessed that I was never one of them. Joe, Heather, Natalie, Seth, Sara, Madison and now Cady. Sara and Maddie had the stomach flu on Saras second day of class. Joe and Cady have bad head colds. Joe is better now. Heathers dr thought she may have an ulcer and put her on Protonix. She started it today. Within an hour she began having an alergic reaction and had to call an ambulance. She called Jimmy and told him to hurry home as she was alone with the 2 little ones. She told 911 to please not run the siren and scare the kids to death. Jimmy got there in time to let all those folks in the door and calm Natalie. Poor Heather. Her heart was pounding out of her chest and she was covered in red splotches. Her tongue had swollen and she couldn't catch her breath. She refused to go to the hospital. They told her just to take benadryl and keep track of her BP. By the time they left she was doing okay. All this has kept me from thinking about having that long needle stuck in my side tomorrow. To be honest, I am doing better than I expected. I have to do this so I may as well just get it over with. Besides, I read lots of blogs and this is so nothing compared to what some people deal with. Some of them small children. No, I got nothing to complain about. I got my house clean. To ward off any thinking I spent the evening baking chocolate chip cookies.I have a recipe that makes a large batch of the best moist cookies you ever ate. My grown kids all hit the cookie jar first thing when they come in the door. That and the fridge. Do you all do that? I love to have goodies waiting for them all. Also included pics of Cadys 17 week belly. I should have posted earlier shots. She is thin and had a totally flat tummy. Those days are over. We had an appt last monday with her o.b. We made her next appts with the midwife.She is the same one who delivered all but 2 of my other grandkids. She knows all of us and will let us all in the room with Cady. Cady asked my ex to be the step grandpa last week and he almost cried. She invited him to be there and in charge of pictures. He does a wonderful job. Joe and I will be busy sitting in the shower with her. Sara and I sat in there for most of her labor and it made all the difference. Okay, I can't put off going to bed any longer. I will take my camera and see if they let me snap a few in there. Good nite my friends. I am going to make a new handprint of Madison. I like the sewing I did but her hand looks way too big and her thumb,it looks weird I think. I am so picky.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs my friend.... now share that cookie recipe! LOL

5:07 AM  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Thinking of you today. Hope it's going okay.

I'd make my way down to your house for the cookies. They look delicious.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home