My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hello Again






















Seems like if I have the time that I am not in the mood to post. But really, it's been so long. I have had no word about the results of the biopsy. I'm sure they will call one day. But enough about that. Let me tell you what I have been up to. Kids, I have been up to my eyeballs in kids. Nearly everyday. Most days I am lovin it. Today , not so much. I over did it yesterday and those other days that we had this week. My daughter Sara decided to go to beauty school with her best friend. She has issues with paranoia and nerves like her mom and the poor girl wanted so bad to do something with her life. It is like a new Sara. She is so happy. She loves all the things she is doing and learning. She is so fashion obsessed and has every hair in place. This is for her. That means I am watching Madison 4 days a week. 3 of those days she goes to a pre school for 3 hours. My oldest girl, Heather is going to college. She began a few years ago but got pregnant with Natalie and that slowed things up a bit. She is doing so well. She is going to be a nurse. She is doing chemistry right now and wow, I have no clue how she does it. 3 days a week I either go to her house or she brings the kids to me while she is in class. Madison is gone just before Heathers 3 arrive. On those nights I make a big dinner like I did when all the kids were home and we have a great time together. We still have to paint lots of rocks because thats what they love to do at grammas house. Today Gage called me abd begged to come over. He said he didn't need me to babysit him or anything like that. He just needed to come over. I have been missing my little guy pretty bad so I had to say yes. Madison was gone less than 90 seconds when Gage walked in the front door. One hour later Heather brought the kids. It was a long day for the old gramma. I haven't even told you about Joes trip to Texas last week. His brother called him on a Sunday and told him the older sister (the one they don't like) was going to sell off all the family things in the house that she had not already taken. Mom went to a nursing home last year and the house has sat empty. They lived in that house since maybe 1949. All Joes memories start there. It is a small little cottage. As far as money goes, they were poor. I grew up in beautiful homes with pools and horses. I would take his home in a heartbeat. because it was filled with love. Someday I will talk about my dad. So what I am saying is my heart was broken about the death of Joes home. He went alone.It's 5 hours away. We have too many animals for me to go. Plus, even with the house being cloesd up Joe stayed there anyway. He went out and turned on the water for those 3 days he was there and nobody knows why the elec was turned back on when he got home. The old clock on the wall began to tick within an hour of him walking in the door. He fixed some of the leaks and did some minor repairs. He took his Mom the things she wanted with her. The rest she told him to take. Nobody else wanted to come and did not care. He is the youngest of 7 kids and the only one who calls his mom at least twice a week or more. We have Joes house now inside our house. He loaded the storage shed on the flatbed he took and filled it and brought it home. A pile of quilts and some old aprons made me smile. I love old aprons. The old chenille bathmat that Joe used as a little boy is now hanging on our tub. The clawfoot dresser that belonged to his grandparents has been reunited with the old iron bed she gave us 15 years ago.They are over 125 years old. Our friend Jody ( remember I told you about him, my ex from 1970-73 that I had the baby with that passed away when he was 2 weeks old) too much info you say? Ahh comon. Anyway, Jody and I are brother and sister and he and Joe are dear friends.I am drifting. Jody lives in Lubbock which is about 30 minutes from the town Joes mom lives. He drove over and helped Joe pack and load all day last Friday. I am using this story to give details of our lives here. It seems easier that way. I am walking through many piles of stuff this week. I hope to have time this week-end to get it all put away and cleaned up. And that brings me to tomorrow. I am not babaysitting any kids because I am going to be taking care of my ex husband after he has surgery. You couldn't ask for a better ex wife.LOL He is having gall bladder and gall bladder duct removed. They are doing it in a hospital 100 miles away. Our hospital is not where you go if you have a choice. He is terrified. His sister is taking him and bringing him back but there is nobody to stay with him. The kids have little kids and jobs and he will not let anyone take off work for him. He's weird. I told him I would do it and I guess that's what he was wanting but didn't want to ask. Joe and he are friends and Joe knows,gee there is not even a reason to say anything about me spending the night at his house. We are family and nothing more. I hope he will be fine by the next day so I can come home. Joes birthday is Saturday. Heather and I both had gall bladder surgery and aside from needing to sleep and take pain meds for a few days we were fine. So that's what I have been up to. Cady felt the baby kick night before last. She is 19 weeks now. Starting to show.She is so thin. Had to take her to the ER the night before the Texas trip. She couldn't catch her breath and her heart was racing. After 6 hours they said maybe she had plurosy. The next day her doctor called with results from the labwork that had been done the week before. She was very anemic.( if I am spelling everything wrong forgive me) Has to take iron pills. I looked up the symptoms and they are everything she told the docs in the ER. How did they miss that? I am all over her now. This is a typical post from me. Info scattered everyplace like a train wreck. I wish that I was an accomplished writer like some of you. I do keep up with all of you even though I cannot comment on most of you. My computer still just shuts down. Someday my husband will have the time to fix that for me. Till then, love you all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

You are such a good gramma! Don't wear yourself out too much! All of those kids..Someday I want a house full of grandkids, too.
How is Cady feeling? Do you know yet if it is a girl?
I'm so glad that Joe got what he wanted from the house. I am so sentimental, I would love old quilts and bath mats.
I seem to have lots going on here, too. Shawn worked today - at my cousins house. It won't pay much - if anything - but he was soo happy to be busy! He came home full of drywall dust and smiling!
We JUST got our electric bill paid..Still owe $80, but we won't get cut off. I have tp, but we are eating soup and crackers..Last night, Shawn traded some of his tropical fish to a guy for a pizza. Lol. No kidding. This guy that owns a pizza shop wanted fish, so we bartered. Now, if only we could find a way to trade our phone bill away???
Thinking of you.

10:04 PM  
Blogger CrystalChick said...

You have such a lot of love in your heart to give to everyone!!!
So nice you got to spend time with all the kids.

Since my daughter and her family moved out, we've tried to see them often because they don't live far away at all. But for us, it's sort of nice to visit and then good too because we can go home when we feel like it. Don't have to worry about bathing and meals and bedtimes, etc. Just enjoy our grandson and his adorable personality.
But I had a huge fight with her yesterday because she recently got a job and has now told me that in addition to needing some rides to and from (which was not a problem at all, both me and hubs and her boyfriend were going to help with that because she doesn't drive) she will also need someone to be available for whatever day hours she gets each week because her boyfriend works and can only watch Alex at night. Initially, I said that I would help like 1 day a week. But her boss cannot give her a set schedule. It could be days one week, late afternoons another, and evenings in between. It's only part-time, but I can't juggle things like that for her. I know it probably sounds terrible but I just don't want the added responsibility right now and have to be wondering each week what days/times I'm needed and not really be able to plan anything of my own until after she gives me her schedule.
Also, she is pregnant with her second and I have been taking her to and from her doctor appointments too.
I'm a little torn between some things and have mixed feelings.
But I guess it'll all work out as it's supposed to.

I like all the pictures you post!
Have a nice week. :)

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home