My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Winter, The Comeback




Last Saturday Joe got the air conditioner running. Last night it snowed. We are freezing. I thought I was done hauling wood. Okay, I knew it would get cold at least once more but not like this. Cady and I are huddled together waiting for me to get sressed and do a fire. Last night Joe took me to see 2 Celtic bands. It was great. Grada and Beoga. I could listen to this music forever. It reminds me a bit of Pentangle and It's A Beautiful Day from many years ago. It's music that takes you away to another land and time. Both bands have music on youtube if you care to check it out. Ex hub is home and doing okay but needs alot of help. The docs thought he had mesothelioma. They had found dark spots on his lung. Scared us to death. Then they found that he had pneumonia. His gall bladder was so toxic and swollen that it was touching the lower part of a lung. He is on oxygen. I cleaned house for him yesterday and Heather has been running back and forth when he calls afraid. I live out of town so it's up to her. She is in nursing school and knows much more of what needs to be done than the rest of us.He has been having such sad crying spells it breaks my heart. He lives like a hermit and now he needs us all. He didn't know how much he was loved and is overwhelmed. My house is in need of a good cleaning but I may never get to be home again. I really need to be here all week-end. I didn't need to stay with Billy since Joey decided he wanted to. I can't be in a house with a heater cranked up all night. My hotflashes drive everyone nuts. Hoping you all have a wonderful week-end.

1 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

I love celtic music. When I was a kid I would belt it out all of the time. Not so much now.
Glad that the ex is home.
I haven't even thought of the a/c yet, but I am waiting, waiting...We are still in our winter coats although today I just wore my short sleeved shirt for a bit. It was nice enough for the wee pups to play outside for closer to an hour.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home