My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, March 23, 2009

People With Issues

What people you say? Hmm. Last night while I lie half dead on the couch Joe began cleaning the junk off the table in our room so he could move the very old dresser he brought home from Moms house.( I can make even longer than that, just watch) He got real into it. He and I are an Oprah show on people who save everything. The thing is, my stuff is really worth saving and his is not so much. Okay, he says the same thing about me. So anyhow, he did such a good job that he cleaned out the corner. Now this corner had a nice pile of boxes and other stuff. Computers and a TV and general crapola. The pile in the corner was blocking a door. The door was to another little room. We have not been in that room for maybe 8 years. The exception to that is just when a circuit would blow. The only way into the room was from the outside. Joe would climb through and flip the switch. I never worried about anyone breaking in cause that corner was packed in tight. The little room is a small walk-in closet and a small bathroom. With no garage and only 2 closets we filled that room way up years ago. Then one day we never went back in. Strange you say? Um, I think so too. Joey( youngest son and Gages daddy) and Joe have always wanted to rent a dumpster and throw everything out the window and knock out the wall and enlarge my kitchen. I was so sleepy last night I went to bed while Joe worked. This morning I found he had done what he and Joey had dreamed. He took a snow shovel and threw everything out the window. It is about 4 feet tall. The pile I mean. He also found Cadys social security card and birth certif. Plus so many cute things the kids had made for me. But most of it is trash. I have taken no pics yet but even though it is an awful sight, I have to share it with you. It feels so good to know that is not sitting there anymore. It is also a lesson for us both. We don't need to save everything the kids touch. I kept every paper they brought home when they were small. One day I made myself toss papers my son Billy brought home. He came in with tears rolling down his little cheeks holding his paper. It broke my heart. That's what started it. Funny, the rest of my house is okay. Except my room is kinda used as a dumping ground for homeless items. Now that Joe has brought in the new old dresser and will be bring in the wardrobe we will have room for our things. I don't even have a linen cabinet. My towels have to be stacked on some crappy shelf from walmart in the hall. Soon that will be gone and the hall will be a hall. We are sorta spring cleaning. I am glad Joe took advantage of me sleeping to get that cleaned out. Now we just have to get the shit out of the yard. Thanks Joe.
On another subject. The ex hubby went into the hospital in Las Cruces last Thursday. Had surgery on gall bladder duct. They did it through his throat. They found 5 stones there. His Dr thought he may not want to wait on taking out the gall bladder so it was to be the following day. Heather and Natalie, Cady and myself all drove over to visit him in between surgeries. He was feeling a bit low and sore but mostly he was afraid. We promised to wait in Cruces and come back to check on him after he was out of recovery. Because he was being worked in at the last minute he didn't have an exact time. We got to Cruces at 11 A.M. and got home at midnight. Long day. Poor guy. His gall bladder was so bad the doc said it was the worst he had ever seen. He felt he would have died within a week give or take a few days. He had to have open surgery instead of what Heather and I had. I got 4 small knife holes and that was it. He has a 12 inch gash on his belly.They didn't know how many stones when he asked as it was just full and ready to burst. Everytime we called to ask about him we were told he was still in the OR. Then shift change came and they thought he may be in recovery but who knew? It was late but we left Cady and Natalie in the van and made one last visit to the hospital. He was there alone in his room. He was moaning and swollen and telling us to be quiet. The taliban was there. Don't breath the toxic fumes he said to me, "Deb, take Heather out of here fast". He was in a great deal of pain and at the time we thought he had the laproscopic surgery. He is a big baby and we didn't know til Heather checked his wound just how bad he was. She went to the nurses station to ask for his nurse. They had no idea he was in his room. How long he was there alone and crying in pain we have no clue. Maybe up to 30 minutes. Heather is my girl in nursing school. She found 2 tubes that didn't look right and showed the nurse. Then the 2 of them found a little back pack looking thing just laying by him connected to tubing. Turns out it was antibiotics. Nurse Lisa rolled some heads. She found out he needed his pain meds and now. He was a mess. She did a wonderful job with him and by the time we left we knew she would take good care of daddy. 3 of the kids went to see him yesterday and he was doing real good. I called him today and he is ready to come home. Maybe a few more days.He is walking around and hardly any complaining.We all feel so bad because nobody knew he was so sick. It's like the boy who called wolf. The kids never pay as much attention to him as they should. He is hoping that he will feel so much better now that he can play more with the grandkids and they won't run past him into Grandpa Joe. Joe is step-dad to 4 of my kids. Cady being our only child together. Back in those days Billy had a girlfriend who was jealous of his kids and he let her rule. Joe took total care of them all. Billy paid maybe 1000.00 child support all those years. It's a miracle that we are all friends now. He came to our door one day and held out his hand to Joe. They have been friends ever since. After 8 years he left the girlfriend and has tried his best to be a better dad. And he has done okay. But the grandkids all want grandpa Joe. Maybe now he can feel well enough to be the fun grampy too. I am hoping that I won't have to stay with him when he comes home. But I said I would if he needs me and so I will. I will be ready with a stack of books just in case. I finished Eat, Pray, Love. One of my favorite books this year. I don't really like sci-fi. I went through a Robin Cook thing years ago. I was surprised how much a liked his style. I finished my Beatrix Potter book also. I loved it too. She was very interesting. I wish our library had more books on her life. Okay, I think I have rambled around long enough. Have a great night all of you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

I was wondering how your ex was doing. Thank goodness it all went well..after the mix up was discovered.
I am not quite brave enough to do my spring cleaning yet. Maybe after the pups are a bit bigger and won't get tossed out with theh trash :)
How are you feeling??

2:23 PM  
Blogger CrystalChick said...

Wow, that is some ordeal that your ex had to go through. Glad he's doing better.
Wayyyy back in '86 or so I went to the ER a couple of times with terrible pain going right thru me at the top of my stomach. Finally, an older doctor diagnosed it as a gall bladder problem, gave me a shot of demerol, and called a tech in to do an ultrasound. The stone was lodged in the duct. I was admitted and the surgeon came to see me saying that I would be having surgery THAT day! It was apparently serious. I was cut wide open, lots of staples and a drainage tube, and spent almost a week in the hospital.



Have a good week. :)

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home