My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Goodness


Last night Cady called me to her room. She put my hand on her belly and I felt it. Just that quick. A small little miracle made contact with me. Her belly is getting so round and tight. We went through all her drawers and the closet too yesterday. There is not much left that she can fit into without it being a tight squeeze. She is not keen on big ol maternity tops. She looks very cute with her belly under a tight tee shirt. We are going to the thrift shop on pay day to look for a few things that she may like. Tomorrow is her appt to see what this child will be. We are hoping the baby feels like playing along. I have bought so much pink based fabric to make a quilt. It only just entered my head that maybe we have a boy in there. Now I have 6 grandsons and only 2 granddaughters. I would love another girl but in the end it really makes no difference. I am feeling very blessed and peaceful today. Heather (my oldest) and I have been taking care of her dad since his homecoming 4 days ago. He is running us ragged. He came close to death and it seems to have turned him around in many ways. I have been twice to clean and scrub for him. I hurt my back doing what I knew I should not. It was so worth it though. He has been such a hermit for about 8 years. The grandkids love him but prefer grampa Joe. He is ready to come back and have a life. His body was being poisoned by that awful gall bladder. He is feeling so much better that he has to call me several times a day and night to confirm that he is not crazy. He is actually feeling good. He called at 10:30 last night to talk about God. He and I went to Calvary Chapel, Costa Mesa back in the 80's and he was very happy then. I invited him to come with us and he feels that it would be wrong to tag along with Joe and I. Joe wrote him last night and invited him again. My Joe is an amazing man. He has no problem with me spending all that time taking care of my ex husband or talking to him for hours each day on the phone. I must admit that I grow weary of the phone thing though. I am not a phone person. Today I have an appt with my Doc. I love her. She actually sits and talks to me. I do not know if she ever got the results from my biopsy but if not she will be soon. I am sick of this back trouble and really wanted to find out about therapy. I am too young to be sidelined like this.
The wind is blowing hard. The sun is out. Spring is a comin. Joe got alot of work done on our closet. I didn't leave home yesterday and managed to get some laundry and cleaning done. I love a clean home. Hoping your day is a good one. The photo is my brothers and I. It feels like 100 years ago.

2 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

OMG, you are so cute! I was wondering who was in that photo.
So, is it a boy or a girl? I have all girlie things for Cady, too. Shawn has a niece that is expecting a boy and I have collected some thngs for her. We found out from a sister that it looks like the baby shower will be happening without us. Maybe Cady will get some boy stuff then if she is having a boy.
Is is still cold? We actually had some snow today! Not much, but there are wee bits on the ground in the front yard. I am sooo tired of snow!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

Boy or girl?? BOY OR GIRL??? I'm still waiting....

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home