My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Wedding For Strangers






I spent all week in town helping my sweet friend Linda do prep work for a wedding that is today. We do not know these people nor do they even live here. The couple drove all night from San Diego. Somebody who knows somebody thought it would be a snap to throw together a wedding for this very nice couple. Myself and Linda have health issues although she is much worse than I. I have made it due to the kindness of a few friends with pain meds to spare. Linda also did Joeys wedding and she does such a beautiful job. The brides family all came to help yesterday and we finished up at 11 last night. I had my camera since I brought it to takes pics of my grandson in the parade. I went ahead and took a few of the rehearsal. My camera is a ghetto disaster. Held together with scotch tape and rubberbands. Tis my shame. A new one is coming to me in the near future. When they saw me taking a few shots of them last night they realized they had not remembered to find a photographer for today. Joe was recruited to run sound and I am now taking the pics and oh yes, running the video camera. How can I do all that? If the bride and her brides maid were not the sweet girls that they are I would not be doing this. I am worried about doing a good job. My dad was a photographer before I was born. We had a darkroom in our garage. I remember my mom getting hit for not having a good enough background in her pictures. Later he was a photographer for NASA. My pics are for fun. But someones wedding ? I feel my dad standing over me. Maybe he's watching over me eh? I will be using a better camera today so that will help. I just feel kinda stressed. I will do the best I can and hope it's enough. My camera has a weak flash so as you can see it's good I will be using another camera. I like the way the decorating came out except that I think we should have ironed the tablecloths. Picky picky. Not bad considering we only had what was around the church to decorate with. I don't think anything was bought and nothing rented. Everytime we do a wedding there we aquire a few more things to use for the next one. After we all got finished and out of there last night Joe and I headed to Applebees. Just as we got into the parking lot my cell rang. Cady had just got bit by a black widow. We never even made it out of the truck. Told Sara to call the ER and Heather told me to come by and get benadryl and take to Cady. Cady was at Saras. We live in a small town but still we are driving like mad thinking she could be dieing. 1 block away from Saras she calls and tells me it's cool. Dr said if she was gonna to have a bad reaction she would be doing it by now. Shit, we turn around and go back to Applebees. Joe and I are tired and grumpy and bickering all the way like small children. When we finally get inside the door we are met by a greeter being giving crap by a drunk guy who thinks he should be allowed to go out the door with a tall glass of beer and telling him how he can kick his ass. I am in no mood. Open my big mouth with our church friends someplace there and yell "ah fuck dude, it's too late and we are too tired, move the hell out of our way". I am so lucky that guy didn't smash me in the face with his glass of beer. Maybe it helped to have a 6ft 4 grumpy hungry husband standing behind me. Some days just seem to go on forever.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Ha!! You crack me up. I love your retort to the Applebees dude. Too funny.

I hope the wedding pictures turn out great!

2:17 PM  
Blogger CrystalChick said...

There really should be more purple in the world. Seriously! My living room is purple/lavender.
Really nice that you did that for them. I'm sure the pictures will be just fine. Always like your pics on here, and I'm sure they'll be happy and grateful for theirs.
Funny scene at Applebees. You go girl!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

What an amazing thing you are doing for this couple! The pics look gorgeous and I know the day will be perfect.

When Breen and I get married next year, you've got the job :))))

7:15 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

That is just like you..doing for others. You are so sweet. I am sure that the photos will be perfect.
I had a bad day last week and swore at some asshats in the dollar store and I am banned now. lol.Big loss. Now I have to buy my crap elsewhere.
I would have had a fit if one of my kids got bit by a black widow. Thank goodness she is ok.
How is Gage? How are you? I have missed you soo much!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home