My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Old West



Joe has to make a run to Tucson in the morning. Last time he went he made a pit stop in Tombstone. Joe loves anything old. He called me whilst he wandered through the old graveyard. Had a beer at Big Nose Kates and then came on home. Cady is going along for the ride tomorrow and he is gonna take her on a mini vacation. She will love it. I on the other hand grew up taking long vacations to old western towns and think I will pass. My dad was a fanatic about the old west. He built a bar onto our house that was made to look like the Long Branch Saloon from Gun Smoke. He collected all things western. Our fun vacations consisted of camping near Virginia City and bottle digging in the old dump and in the ally behind the Bucket o Blood Saloon. Not too much fun for kids. He had a very nice collection of things we unearthed. Back in those days there was still lots of things to be found. And they let you dig around. For a real good time we got to wander the graveyards too. Ahh those were the days.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Being home alone is a vacation too. Enjoy! :)

3:34 AM  
Blogger CrystalChick said...

My husbands favorite movie is 'Tombstone' and his parents have visited there and other like places.
I've never been and think it would be neat to see some of that history.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

My family liked to look at old graveyards. I have never been west of Fort Scott, Kansas so a trip to Tombstone sounds fun...although maybe it is a little hot now(?) Long Branch Saloon from Gun Smoke in your house is very impressive.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I have never been anywhere west...I think that I would probably love digging around and unearthing treasures. I love visiting old grave yards, too. I could so it for hours.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home