My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Not A Bad Week







I should have posted the fishing trip photos sooner but I didn't. I'm a putter offer. We had a great time and no fish had to give their lives. Joe and Cady fished for hours and hours. I am not keen on sitting outside and doing nothing all day. But I came prepared this time. I made lots of good food and took everything from toilet paper to bandaides. I was up late making potato salad and fried chicken. I brought my book "Like Water For Chocolate" and never noticed the hours drifting by. I fell asleep in my chair too many times to count. It was very peaceful and maybe I should be willing to sit outside doing nothing more often. Today was library day for Gage and I. He has read 39 books so far. Okay, we have read 39 books to the little guy. We went to a puppet show(could have been so much better) and then had lunch under the trees at the library. The city has a free lunch program for all kids under 18. Today was Dominos pizza and choco milk with fruit and veggies with ranch dip. Not too bad, He loved eating with the kids. I think we will go again one day next week if the heat allows it. I wish the other grandkids wanted to go. Or really that the moms were up to taking them. I cannot take all those kids alone. But the other kids have plenty to do. Gage is the one who needs it the most. Mom is at home with the new baby and really cannot go into the heat with the little guy. I hope you are all having a great summer. I am not much for summer. I am waiting for my time of year. Fall. We are supposed to be getting a break from the horrible heat this week end. it has not been this hot in a few years. I have to keep the dogs in all day. I am a freak about dog hair. If they would let me I would vacuum them all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

It has been kind of yucky here. More like April weather than June.
Kayla just finished school and Jessica has until Thursday..We haven't offically started summer yet.
A quiet day in the sun with a book sounds like heaven to me :)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

The fishing day sounds positively perfect (minus the fish, because, me neither.) I enjoyed Like Water For Chocolate too, and the thought of spending a day outside, reading and eating potato salad? Invite me next time. ;o)

12:25 PM  
Blogger CrystalChick said...

My son loves fishing. Me, the less I have to do outside the better. I have a skin condition that gets dark in the sun so I try to avoid being out too long.
I just got the movie "Like Water for Chocolate" when a store I like had a buy 2 get the 3rd dvd free! Never read the book. I'm reading 'A Fine Balance' right now.
Awesome that you read so much to Gage!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Wow, that looks like a beautiful place! I'd love to drop my kayak in there.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

This looks and sounds like a grand time. Our weather has been wonderful for a week or so. Not too hot, not too cold, not much rain...Fortunately, the temperature has been cool, which is good because our air conditioner is broke.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home