My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Saturday, June 07, 2008

And I Cried When They Played Surfer Girl



What a dork. I didn't mean to cry. I leaned in to tell Jessie that Surfer Girl was the very first record album I ever got. I think I was 11 yrs old and it was Xmas. I lived in Northern Calif and The Beach Boys played in Sacramento maybe once a year. I never got to see them cuz I was too young. Tonight was lots of fun. It's a rather small( 500-600 people) venue and that made it even better.They played all the big hits.When I was a kid there was only one slow dance song" In My Room." Almost had to cry again. Tomorrow is the Jazz /Blues festival. Gonna pass on it this year since it's also the year my first grandchild turns into a teen ager. My Christian is going to be 13. That went by too fast. I hate it when that happens. My feet are killing me. Good nite ya'll. Oh, posting a few not so great photos. My camera is a piece of crap and I get what I get. Getting a new one soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

I think that it is a law that all California girls have to love the Beach Boys.

What kind of camera would you like?

6:31 AM  
Blogger debi said...

Hi Molly, Since you ask I must admit that I know nothing about cameras. My dad was a photographer for NASA and before that had his own business on the side. Had a darkroom in our garage.I should know something about cameras but with the new digital ones I have not kept up. I did learn that having a bad background could get you(me) in a world of trouble. My main complaint with my camera is that the flash is terribly lacking. I have to be in your face if there is no natural light just for you to show up. I was surprised that anything even showed up from last night. 2 of my kids have cameras that may come to me. It's silly that someone who loves to record every move my family makes has such inferior equipment. But it'll do for now.

9:02 AM  
Blogger CrystalChick said...

Glad you had fun at the concert!!
I have 2 cameras, one a Canon Powershot which I love but is hard to use at times with all the settings that I haven't figured out.
The other is a Sony Cybershot and it's so tiny I can take it anywhere which is why hubby got it for me. However, there are many days I have forgotten to put it in my purse..... oh well.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

Did I ever tell you how much I love the Beach Boys? I have never seen them in concert, but I would love to. Used to love Jan and Dean, too, but seeing them in concert would be pretty difficult :)

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home