My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Time Travel
















Sometimes I just wander around looking for something. I have no clue what that something is. I feel a bit sad and depressed. This is me. I have been to most of your blogs twice today. I have work to do,. But I have spent the day reading and sleeping. Typical signs I am not okay. But me being NOT OKAY is nothing new. I fake it most days. I had to leave church early as I didn't have it in me to visit after church with everyone. I miss my friend Lynn. My friend for almost 40 years. Not dead. Got a new boyfriend. Moved 100 miles away and speaks to me no more. When we run into each other there is a strange stilted conversation that breaks my heart. She has helped me give birth to 3 of my kids,I live in the house that she birthed her youngest in, my kids call her mom2,we have sat together at funerals for too many of our friends, I sat with her while we waited for word on her daughter when she ran away at 16, she has been at every single of my family events for years and years, everything we say or do is bounced off the other. She was simply my friend. Things have been strained for 8 months. new boyfriend is actually old friend and half brother to an old boyfriend of mine from 1969-70. He killed himself in Viet Nam in 71. We were wondering what ever happened to Lloyd, well, guess who found him? Yep, me. Lynn was divorced 3 yrs ago after being married to a creep for 30 yrs. Maybe this is to be expected I do not know. We have never fell out of touch. Till now. She told me he is even jealous of the times her kids call her on the phone. They all live far away.I guess he got rid of me. It just isn't like her to let some man tell her what to do. In the end it is her decision. After 3 months she sent me a reply to a note I sent saying I missed her. I have not sent a reply. I don't know what to say anymore. I never had to chose my words with her and don't know how now. P.S. do you think the fact that I posted 12 (count em 12) pictures of Lynn was a bit obsessive? Um, it was huh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

no. It was probably defensive.
This is horrible-- and yet what can you do? Nothing.
I hope she wakes up before it is too late.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I hope that she wakes, up, too.
My bff when I was a kid dropped me like a hot cake when she hooked up with her husband. He was (is) abusive and he knew that I knew...So, after years and years of friendship, our Dads being best friends, her mother helping to raise me, and KC calling her mom Gramma Jane, we are friends no more.
Sometimes, I still miss her. She is still with her husband because they own a house and she doesn't want to lose it. Her priorities are all messed up. I hope that someday she wakes up - before it is too late.
Rudi islolated me from my friends, too. Luckily, I figured it out before I lost everyone.
I bet that Lynn misses you, too.
How could she NOT?
hugs xxx

10:01 AM  
Blogger debi said...

Thank you girls.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Well. maybe she will figure out that this guy is not for her. Maybe things will change soon. Sometimes, I will see a long lost friend, and we can almost pick up mid-sentence from a conversation from years gone-by. Other times old dear friends and I seem to have nothing to say to each other. I am guessing (in a few weeks, in a few months or maybe a in few years) that you and Lynn will continue your life-long conversations.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home