My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Friday, May 02, 2008

This Is

The day 26 years ago that I (5 months pregnant with Joey) came running down the hall of the nursing home, praying I was gonna make it. It was like in a movie. The hall seemed to get 100 miles long. The faster I ran the slower I moved. A group of Drs and nurses ahead of me in the hall all turned and stared at me. Their faces told me I was too late. I have never got used to her being gone. I still find myself wanting to Ask Mom about that or get a recipe from her. It's great for that split second to feel like she is still here. Her funeral was the day before Mothers Day. Being pregnant with baby # 3 and saying good bye to my Moma and then dealing with Mothers Day was more than I could take. Since that day I have always found Mothers Day to be not good. I have lots of children who made it better by making me the sweetest of gifts at school. Those are the best gifts you will ever recieve. I have all of them still. I know that I am very blessed and I know that everyone has to deal with this loss someday. I just wish I could have had her longer. She was only 52 yrs old. I love you Moma. xoxoxox

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

I miss my mother the most around Mother's Day. She loved that day and always had a bet with her best friend on who would get the most cards.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Debi...I am sorry for your loss. Mother's Day is not my favorite day for other reasons.

Take care.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home