My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

My Lucky Day








While visiting my daughter Sara I asked to check out the spare room that still contains some of the old aunties sewing things and whatnot. Last month I was given a beautiful old lamp with roses and gold trim painted on. Today I came home with my favorite find in a while. A large lamp with cherubs painted on it. Oh, I know I have strange taste but I'm not the only one. Also. after reading one of my favorite blogs,(Frema) I got the idea from her to make a pizza. Okay, Frema made a healthy version. Mine is not. But I used what I had handy as we are about broke this week. I haven't made a pizza for a long time and lost my recipe for focaccia bread that I use as crust. I found another online and was happy to find that the new recipe was much easier and faster to make. I put green chili, green onion, pineapple,black olives and pepperoni on my pie. It was the best one I ever made. I guess that's why I ate 3 pieces and gave myself a tummy ache.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

oh, it was you:) i think your blog is sweet with all of the family photos that you feature...i have been forbidden to post any...i did however sneak two on my sidebar that nobody knows about:)
your pizza looks yummy!!!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I love homemade pizza. We used to make it all of the time with lots of fresh veggies on it. You're right though..it is hard to make a good pizza when you are broke. Yours looks great :)
I love finding cool antiques. Shawn and I could look all day at them. He loves furniture, I love toys. And jewelry. Can't forget the jewels.
My computer is still down -ish. I can only sign on now and again and I can only leave comments sometimes. I am reading, everyday.
Miss you.

11:28 AM  
Blogger debi said...

Hi Biddie, Glad to see you again. I miss you too. I gotta tell you, I didn't mean my pizza wasn't good or that you can't make a good one if you don't have lots of toppings. I meant that Fremas was a low cal version and not full of fat making ingredients.I think she said she got it from a Weight Watchers cook book.See, I lost some weight and started feeling brave. Well, I saw some pictures of myself a few days ago and realized that even though I lost 45 lbs, I still have some chub to go.So my next pizza will not include pepperoni.Joes mom used to make them the weirdest pizza ever. She used pinto beans as her topping. Sounds yuck I know. It's really good.I think roasted corn would be good too.Next one will be a veggie pizza. Got any other topping ideas?

11:53 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I didn't mean that your pizza wasn't good :) It looked great.
I would love to try some low cal foods, but I am a wuss. I like my salty, fatty food. That might be why I am not lsoing weight...Hmmmm...
I can only get onto certain blogs, and I can't even post a blog of my own. Can't leave comments most of the time.
It is driving me NUTS.
Miss you.

12:37 PM  
Blogger debi said...

Biddie, I didn't think you meant that. No problem. I was just joking that my pizza wasn't low cal or good for you like the one Frema made. Never explain yourself to me. I know you always mean well.I hope you can get your pc fixed soon. I do miss you.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home