My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day








It's not midnight yet so I can still call it Mothers Day. I hope all of you had a happy day. Mine was just right. While getting ready for church the phone rang so many times I ended up being late. I have to say that I felt so loved. All my kids called. Heather and Jimmy took the kids to Albq. for a special soccer tournament that Christian was in. I opened her card and gift last night at 2AM. I was up late making decorations for the flowers I potted up for all the girls. I got a tad carried away I guess. I made a few cards and had a great time. Heather made me cry. She gave me a Dumbo. He was my favorite ride at Disneyland when I was little. She remembered. Cady didn't go to church with us as she was feeling ill. She's better now. Joe took me to lunch and to deliver all the petunias I had for the girls. They are so pretty. I picked bright pink and purple. On his final visit to me, my dad brought me alot of pretty clay pots. I planted the flowers in them. Joey came over tonight and brought me a big aloe vera plant and some very sweet cards from him and Jess and the little boys. My favorite gift of the whole day is cuddled up behind me in my bed. When Joey got ready to go home Gage came running from Grandpas lap into the livingroom and onto my lap. His lower lip hanging out all sad and pouty."Grandma, I want to stay with you and Grandpa". He put his little arms around my neck and got real small. I asked his daddy if he could stay. At first he said no. He quickly changed his mind and Gage gave him a fast kiss and ran back to Grandpas lap. Gage went to the little shelf where his books are kept and picked a few for Grandpa to read. It was so sweet to listen to Joe reading The Little Mermaid to Gage. Later Gage came in here and got in bed. I laid down with him and rubbed his back and we sang The Babe Song. It's been a while and he almost didn't remember it anymore. He used to beg me to sing it to him every day. He would fall asleep singing that song. Joe came in here and read him one last story and he fell fast asleep. I am so blessed to have all my grandkids living in the same town. I sure do love waking up to a small voice saying "I love you grandma" and then giving me a big hug and a kiss. This is always followed with a plea for breakfast. I have a wonderful husband who does not mind sleeping on the couch so that Gage can sleep with me. I don't get much sleep what with feet in my neck and all. I wouldn't trade these times for anything.

4 Comments:

Blogger CrystalChick said...

What a nice time you had. So glad to hear. :)
Great pics too. I resized pics for a post today of my grandson and his birthday cake and have some of Mother's Day almost ready to go up. It's so cold and rainy and windy here today that I have been playing on the computer all day!!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I LOVE the photos of the kids. They always make me smile :)
I'm glad that you had great day, you deserve it.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Deb. I can't wait.

Thanks so much for your checking in on my daughter. Your words of encouragement and interest are surely welcome to this grandma to be.

Glad you had a wonderful day. You deserve it.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Belated Mother's Day to you. Debi, your pictures are great. Mine was very nice. Luke, Frema, and Kara were in town for a visit to celebrate their 2 year anniversary. (Be sure to read Frema's blogs for weekend adventures and thoughts.)

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home