My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Boyz, Ugh

You expect to feel your childs pain when they fall off their bike or when they get picked on in school. Nobody tells you how much it hurts you when some boy breaks your daughters heart. My sweet little Cady, she is not a crier. She will hide her tears from everyone. This boy, Sergio, he made her cry. She loves him so much it kills me. He got his first car and really just wants to spend his time cruising with his buddies and has no time for Cady. When he passed by she and I last night she went to pieces. She is still crying. She actually got sick to her stomach. She had a terrible headache last night and could not sleep. I finally talked her into half of one of my pain pills and she must have dozed off. I have talked till I am blue in the face. She thinks I cannot understand. Most all women have gone through this at least once. It may seem like the end of the world but sometimes it's just the beginning of a new life. I got her to agree not to go babysit for his big sister tonight. They like her but she's being used. If they are too poor to pay a sitter then they need to stay home. She is only going in hopes Sergio will come by. She knows he will not. She is torturing herself. When she saw me crying she promised she would cancel the babysitting. My heart hurts for her. I would gladly take this pain from her if only I could. In the end it will be a learning experience but for today it is just plain old heartache. The way we feel about our children does not change one little bit from birth to adulthood. No matter how old they are they are still our babies. We will always want to kiss it and make it all better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Sometimes, I think that our hearts physically hurt when our hearts ache. I know what you mean about kissing it and making all better, and my kids are 34 and 37.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

Oh, poor Cady. It seems that everything is so much more intense when you are a teen.
I hope that she feels better soon. She deserves so much better.
Kayla is the same way..Not a crier at all. She was sick last night, and I was beside myself. If she is crying because of the pain, it is BAD. Mind you, she is better today and going out...She's a fast healer :)

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home