My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Ultra Sounds,What The Hell?



GRandbaby # 8 had a due date of April 15th. My daughter in law Jessie has been saying for weeks now that she is farther along than the drs told her. Well, we all feel that way the last few weeks. But she really is big and there seems to be no more room for baby to grow. They decided 2 weeks ago she may be right and should have done another ultra sound right away. They waited and did one today. After which they determined her due date was yesterday. Baby now weighs 8lbs 12 oz. Seems amniotic fluids are a bit low also. She has an appt with her midwife on Thurday and Drs said she could wait till then which was fine with her. Midwives are all out of town at a seminar. In our family we aern't big on Drs. They suck. If you have a special problem then they are fine. But for a normal birth a midwife is the way to go. They are laid back, they allow you to have your family in the room with you during everything. Some people want total privacy and for them thats fine. It's your birth and it should be the way you want it. Myself and my girls and daughters in law all want to be surrounded with people who love us and our baby. It's so great to feel so safe in a room like that. Besides, helping someone get through labor takes a few people. I sat in the shower with Sara for hrs. Holding her on the big ball. Aiming hot water at the small of her back. Long as she was in the shower the pain was okay. She never had an epidural. Jessie didn't have one with Gage and plans not to have one this birth either. I"m packing extra clothes in case we end up in the shower. The men you ask? Ah, send them to boil water or something. They are great but tend to get upset at seeing women in pain. They are always there but it seems the women are better at helping other women. Joe was there when Cady was born. Billy was there when all 4 of our babies were born. He delivered Billy. The midwife let him catch. I am so glad we have pictures of everyone being born. So, hopefully this baby boy will wait till Thursday. Either way we are getting our cameras and clothes ready. I have to run to Las Cruces on Wed with Heather to have her staples removed from her surgery. I swear, I am as busy with my familt now than when they were small. I wouldn't want it any other way. Joey has maybe picked a name. Jessie named Gage. We all tried to talk her out of it. So it's Joeys turn with this baby. It was Brayden Wayne. It is now Jody Wayne. I love Jody. My boyfriend from 1970-1973 was named Jody. I did a post about him. He and I are like brother and sister now. I think Jody is a cute name. So, I will be posting pics of the new one soon. Wanna bet his name will change again? I think it will be Brayden. Fine with me too. Easter was so nice. Peaceful and everyone was here. Except Joey. He is mad at his brother. What a waste. But still the kids were so happy. They ran everyplace hunting eggs. There were a few years that we had no small kids for a while. Cady and Christian. It was sad. Now we have a giant crop of young ones and they are amazing to see. Soon as my ex sends me pics I will post. My camera died. My love to you all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

So, it's a boy for sure? I think Brayden is a cute name. My cousin has a Brayden but now they call him Brady, or the name that I really can't stand, Bray. Just Bray.
I am looking forward to having little ones around the house again, too. Mind you, KC is only 20 and sooo not ready to be a mom, but in few years, I figure it will happen.
I was completely out when all three of my kids were born. I had to have C-sections, and that scared the crap outta me. I had no desire to be awake during major surgery. The recovery time is longer, but I can NOT imaginehaving a baby the natural way. And without an epidural? My hat is off to all you ladies that did it that way!

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home