My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Nil moran Gaeilge agam



Happy St. Patricks Day! One of my favorite days. My mothers family are Irish and we always had a celebration of some sort. Every year for a while I make a habit of watching "The Secret Of Roan Inish" and "My Left Foot". My favorite Irish films. Okay, "The Quiet Man" is the best but I don't own it."Darby O"Gill and The Little People" is another good one. It used to scare me though. Making soda bread and I don't know what else. No corned beef. The Irish were too poor for beef actually. My family is not keen on lamb. Potato something. Maybe a nice pigs head like Frank Mc Courts family. I am usually reading Angelas Ashes about now but I finished it again 3 weeks ago and I have to stop with the reading of it for a while. I have a terrible thing for this book. Fact is I have to go to the library. I have read everything that interests me here. We have too many books in the house. People give them to me instead of the Goodwill. Finished The Mists Of Avalon a while back too so I'm done for a few years. That book takes alot out of me. Thinking of something totally different from my usual choices. So, don't forget to be wearin the green or you'll get a pinch. Have a wonderful GREEN day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy wearin' of the green, Deb! We had our dinner a day early since Willi has to work tonight. Mmmm. We stick to corned beef and cabbage as that is what my mom always did. Maybe I need to venture out next year. Report back so I have some ideas! You are always cooking good stuff!

3:37 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you Debi. I remember that you like reading Angela's Ashes. Have you read Mermaids Singing? I have enjoyed The Secret Of Roan Inish. When Luke was home, he would always encourage to watch an Irish movie. We enjoyed watching Waking Ned Devine at Luke's suggestion. I will leave Darby O'Gill and The Little People for the brave. Those banshees sure scared me as a child. Maybe this is the year to watch My Left Foot.

We are corned beef and cabbage people. You are right though; many of the Irish were eating mostly potatoes.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

Angela's Ashes was on tv last night, and I thought of you :)
My Mum's family is irish, too...Hence the name Bridget Colleen...Yikes.
Happy St. Paddy's Day to you.
hugs xx

8:13 AM  
Blogger debi said...

Gene, Molly and Biddie, it is so nice that you all commented today. I have missed you all. I need to get busy with my bread. Taking my movie to Heathers house with me to babysit. Kids are watchin something Irish and thats that. Mermaids Singing? I can check on that today. Thank you.Good Day to you all.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home