My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

What Is Peace And How Do I Get It?




Today has been just like the rest of my week was. Chock full of upsetting news and problems that are out of my hands. I am the person everyone calls when things are sucking so I can cheer them up or say a prayer with them over the phone. I have always been that person. Sometimes I can make a difference. Sometimes I can make it all better. Lots of times I am just there to vent to. No matter who it is, when someone shares their troubles with me I take them as my own. Joe hates that. I become sad and depressed over things I cannot change. Depending upon who and what it is, I may stay awake most of the night thinking myself into a hole from which there is no escape. I know this is not helping anyone. Today or really just a moment ago I went to Mollys blog. You know "Lost A Sock". Joe is teaching me how to link to other sites and soon you can click right on over to Molly and lots of other wonderful places. Molly had already left a post today. Not a long post. But a post oozing with peace and acceptance. I think acceptance brings with it peace. I cannot do justice to her words so I will not try. I feel like a weight has been lifted from my bruised shoulders. My husband sat with me an hour ago trying to get me to let it all go and just give it to God. He grabbed my hands and prayed with me. So maybe it is God who took me to Mollys post in answer to Joes prayer. Who knows? It doesn't really matter how or why. I just know that her words went right to my heart. For right now I feel peaceful and I will spread it around as much as I am able. Thank you Molly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. Truth be told, I read your title and thought, "Amen!"

Mostly, I find peace in the most simple things and appreciate it while I've got it. Before I know it, the world turns upside down again, and all I can remind myself is that this too shall pass.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home