My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Pioneer Woman, You Rock!

I left a not so good posting last night as I was real punked out. But today is another day. That brisket was fabulous. I toned down the soy sauce a bit but other wise I kept to her instructions. Go ahead you girls, make that brisket. I did cook it alot longer than she said. I checked and it just wasn't cooked enough after 4 hrs. The meat weighed 5 lbs and I cooked it at 300 for 6-7 hrs. It was not dry at all. It was perfect. Today I made barbecue beef sandwiches. I tell you this stuff was great. I love my own cooking and use my own recipes most all the time. It was a nice change of pace. In the next few days I will be making those damn baked apples or whatever she calls them. Butter,apples, crescent rolls, cinnamon and Mountain Dew? Oh kill me now. I gotta make those. I don't need to even taste them to know they are heaven. looks like something I will need a gallon of milk to go with. It's sucks, I lost all that fat and now I am on a cooking spree again. Thanks anyway Ree. Your cooking is very much like my favorite gal, Paula Dean.Yummy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home