My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Friday, July 27, 2007

There She Goes


After months of anticipation the California trip begins in the morning. Cady is going with older sis Heather and her family.Cady worked all summer and saved up enough to pay for her tickets to 3 days at Disneyland and 2 at Sea World, hotel and food and 300.00 extra to buy some cool clothes and whatever else she wants.Heather has been so excited she has talked of little else for 3 weeks. Heather and Cady have tanned everyday for 2 months so they will look good in their bathing suits. We have spents hours online looking at all the wonderful things they will be doing out there. Today I ran all over town getting the last things Cady would need while she did her last day at work. After work Cady and I ran to the mall and picked up chinese food for our dinner. Got home ate and got her bag packed. Then without warning Cady fell apart. I wasn't expecting that. She's always spending the night at her other sisters house(sara) and pretty much is at that age where anyplace but home is where she wants to be. Imagine my surprize when she told me she didn't want to go. She felt guilty going without her Dad and I.It was too far from home,too many days away from home ect. She tells me once a week that as soon as she turns 18 shes "outa here." Hmm, guess she changed her mind. I really didn't know what to do. How do you let someone miss a chance to go to Disneyland? That's what I said,you don't. She would never forgive me if I let her miss this. She thought I was mad but I was just very stressed out. Yesterday I had to go to El Paso with Heather and 3 little ones to pick up Christian from the airport. He was in Georgia visiting his other grandparents and Dad.I have told you before how much I loathe El Paso. Nothings changed there. Seems that American Airlines misplaced Christian in Dallas. After much panicking, he arrived.That extra wait time with one 5 yr old a 3 yr old and an 18 month old was wonderful for Heather and I. Finally convinced Cady I was not mad at her for not wanting to go, long as she understood that she was still going. Got to heathers house and she really made Cady feel better. She got her laughing and talked about everything they would do together and by the time I left the only one who wanted to cry was me. Came in the door to my empty house and went to Cadys room and my heart broke. We have to run into town early to take Cady her white tennis shoes that were in her Dads truck. He was gone tonight at the drag races. He joined the La Luz Volunteer Fire Dept last week and this was his first job with them. He wants to see Cady off which will certainly cause more tears. E-Gads,we are way too emotional in this family.

1 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

LOL. My Kayla is always telling me that she outta here when she turns 18.
Yeah, right. More than one night away, and she comes home crying.
Kids.
So Heather lives in town, but they are travelling together to Disney? Sounds like an adventure...
What will you do will all of your free time???

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home