My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Hangin On
















Where do I begin? I think jumping into the middle would be best. Tonight my sweety pie Cady is in the hospital. We spent all day there yesterday and then things improved and we got to come home. This morning the spotting and cramping began again. After a few errands we came home and got back on the phone with her midwife. Come back to the hospital and let them put her back on the monitor. Today her cervix had changed a bit. Started to thin and a tiny dimple in the center. Gave her a shot of something and waited for 1 hr. If her cervix had continued to dimple then Cady was to be airlifted to Albuquerque where there is an excellent NICU. I left the room and went to pieces. Called daddy and my pastor and Heather.Sergio(babydaddy) was already on his way. My brother just moved from Albq. I know nobody there. It is a bit over 3 hrs away. The midwife told me I may be able to fly with her. I will not allow her to be alone. She was so frightened. Things have been going so good. We don't know why Isabella has decided to break out. They gave her one more chance and things got better. They tried another med. Dad and Sergio stayed with Cady and Heather and I left to get food for the girl. We are not ready for this baby. But that isn't the point. She's not ready. She is 34 weeks along. Things may be just fine,,or not. Another week and a half and it will be okay to have her here. Although the longer she stays in Cadys tummy the better.I have never had a preemie and none of my kids have either. I am in unknown territory folks. I am scared. Molly R., if I had your # I would have called you tonight. I know you have been through this. When Rick (pastor) got to the room we all joined hands in a big circle and prayed. It made me feel so much better. Just in case we end up being transported out of here I have left Cady with Sergio and come home to do some laundry and pack a bag. There is much to do to prepare for this little girl.Cady and I have been sleeping in my bed for about 3 weeks. Joe is on the couch near the air conditioner and Cady is escaping the bugs that are sneaking in her window due to the huge light her dad put up outside her window. For now we are all happy with that. I love to hear my baby breathe. So what if my baby is almost 19. I have tons of photos to post. I wanted to share all of it with you. But I have been stressed and have posted nothing. This is the 4th time we have been at the hospital in the last month. I am way behind on news. My granddaughter Natalie loves Britney Spears. She is almost 4. My family is very into music. My mom started it and it has been an important part of life in my house. Classical and rock music. Anyway. Brit is coming to El Paso in Sept. 2 weeks ago Heather called me so excited she was crying. She always promised Natalie that if Britney ever came to our area that she would take her to the concert. She would not go without me and I was sure Joe was not willing to put out that kind of money. I asked and he surprised me and said yes. Heather was told by Ticketmaster that tickets would sell out within 1 hr. Heather was on the phone with Ticketmaster when the tickets went onsale and got us 3 tickets in exactly the spot she wanted. I can't wait. But that is a way off. Right now we have a baby girl that is trying to be born too soon. PLease keep her in your prayers. I thank you. I am posting 2 months worth of pics of what has been going on in my part of tha planet.

3 Comments:

Blogger gawilli said...

Deb, I keep checking back in. Hope all is well.

7:22 PM  
Blogger CrystalChick said...

I'll be thinking of you and Cady.
I probably told you a good bit of this story at some point, or it was on my blog a long time ago, but just to give you some support....
My daughter's first born was a preemie. He had to be taken by C-section 2 months early. She was transferred from one hospital to another that had the NICU when they determined they might not be able to stop the impending delivery. Meds were given and they were able to hold her off almost another week but a possible infection had set in and they decided it best to get him out. Alex was in the hospital for about 3 weeks or so initially... then again a couple weeks later for maybe almost a week.
He was 2 in May and is a great little guy. You'de never know she went thru such an ordeal with him. Even in the beginning she was bleeding and had to go to the ER a couple of times.
Now, she's on her second pregnancy and little Sierra is being monitored as best as possible. She's been at the ER a couple times with her too and she is getting a shot every week to help her carry to term... not due until mid-Oct. So far, so good. I haven't bought anything for the new baby yet.... just waiting 'til she's further along.
What's meant to be will be.

All good thoughts to you, Cady, and your family.
Hang in there Deb, and write me if you need to just talk about any old thing. I'm here!

4:09 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

Oh, Deb, please let us know what is happening. I will keep praying.
Love you,
Biddie xx

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home