My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Getting Ready For Summer Foods


Now that it's warming up my mind turns to outdoor foods and salads and my favorite-home made salsa. My friend Debra is a potter. She makes beautiful things. I was at her place picking up some items for christmas when I saw some little square bowls in her cupboard. She gave a price that can't be beat. I have waited until there was $ to order them. I am on my way to her house to pick colours. Salsa tastes so much better when eaten from the proper bowls. I have finally begun waxing floors. I had a time finding the right liquid waxy shiney stuff. My floors are in bad shape and I have no plans to refinish them. But clean and wax them I will do. Since the Duke poop incident the floors are naked. He is making slow progress and I still don't know if he can ever be okay. By next week we will have to face this and decide. He's better than he was but not better enough.I cannot let him suffer. Right now he's in a holding pattern.

2 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

Poor Duke. I have been thinking about him. You know how much I love animals...My heart is breaking for you and him.
Still reading even though I haven't been commenting.
Hugs xx

2:27 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I'll put Duke in my prayers.

I know what you mean about serving bowls. Everything seems to look and taste better when put in to something funky and happy. There is a gallery where I used to sell me journals and there was a potter there who sold the most incredible dishes. My favorite was a checkered and swirled bowl with the writing: Jesus is coming and he wants some bean dip.

xoxo
Jane

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home