My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

They're Gonna Lock Me Up







If I don't write a letter explaining why I cannot be a juror, they are going to do something bad to me. I am stupid not to have just done it. I feel like I need to write a grand paper the likes of which I no can do. See? My writing is not so good. In the morning I will be writing anyhow. It feels so odd that I am expected to just show up at the courthouse. As it is my kids take up most of my time. I am so tired of my life not being mine anymore. If they were little that would be okay. I just need to be sewing and painting and putting in a garden this year. I need to. There is someone who needs me to babysit nearly each day. Then in the evening or early Sat morning there is a game of some sort to be watched. I want to be at those games. I want to cheer them on. I am proud of the little guys. Lately there is no time in my life for me. Not really any. I feel bad for complaining about this to you. A few nights ago I found time for me. I stayed up till 2AM. I planted the flowers I bought last week. I put a coat of wax on the kitchen floor. I even found some of my sewing that had gone missing. I want to share with you a pic of my husbands boots. He had the money to get new ones he just never took the time to get them. Joe gets his moneys worth out of his boots for sure. My sweet Cady bought me several beautiful bunnies for Mothers Day. I collect so many things it seems. I cannot wait for next Mothers Day and little Isabella will be about 9 months old. Cady is about 28 weeks now. Time is flying.

3 Comments:

Blogger CrystalChick said...

As you probably remember, I only have one grandson at the moment. My daughter is pregnant again and due in October. She and her beau and the baby lived with us for about a year and a half. We never really let them expect babysitting from us. Maybe that is odd. But I just got the impression that if we did it regularly each week, we'd always be doing it as more grandkids and situations came along. I love my little Alex. And will love future grandbabies just as much, but I don't want to be raising them. I take my daughter to most of her appts. as she doesn't drive and we help them in different ways. And occasionally we will babysit, but they don't ask often because they know we don't want that.
I guess each person/family has to decide what works best for them.
But I think if you really feel that you need some time for YOU, then you have to take it!!! It's not being selfish in any way. You CAN say to your kids.... I am not available on such and such day, or at such and such time, and they will have to make other arrangements now and then. I'm sure it would be hard for you to say or do that, but it's so important for you to have a little ME time now and then.

HUGS!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

Aw, Debi, you are so sweet to everyone. Sometimes you really do need to just say no...You do need time to relax, and recharge.
Is Cady feeling alright? Is everyone getting excited??

5:58 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Well, if they do lock you up, I guess you would get some time for yourself. No wait, that kind of time cannot be good. I have been called for jury duty a couple of times, but luckily I never had to serve. I hope that you find some time just for you as you deserve it. Take care.

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home