My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Am I Dreaming?
















The day began so sweetly. Gage spent the night. Maddie comes at 8AM. I keep her 4 days a week while mommy is at school. They were thrilled to see one another. The only thing they like better is to see Auntie Cady. They both tippytoed into my room and climbed into bed with Cady. The being quiet ended at that point. Cady had to get up anyhow. At her Dr appointment on Monday there was protein in her urine and so she had to do a 24 hr urine collection test. That means peeing into a little potty hat and then pouring it into a big jug and then putting that into the fridge. Yuck-o. Every drop for 24 hrs. I have never heard of this one before. Anyway, she got up and within a few minutes she had a throbbing headache and was dizzy. Started seeing spots and the whole thing. Called Jessie for help and she was here in 5 minutes and took both kids. She got worse and we spent the entire day at the hospt. Like 12 hours. Lots of blood tests and IV's. Lots of very sweet nurses. I came home to let the dogs out to pee and when I returned Cady was in total darkness with a heat pack on her head and an oxygen mask on crying. They gave her 3 kinds of meds and nothing took away the pain. They waited for the meds to wear off and as time passed she got a wee bit better. Daddy came up after work and that cheered her up. When I heard her trying to con her dad into taking her out to their favorite Chinese restaurant I knew she was feeling better finally. It's so awful to see my little girl in pain and afraid. I hope we can have a day at home tomorrow and that I can clean my house. There's nothing like a new baby to make me want to clean and scrub. If I knew how to pay attention there would not be 2 of the same pic. Nope, I do not know how to delete the extra. It seems like I should know how to do these things by now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

I hope you get some rest. You are going to need it!

5:22 AM  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Oh my.. I feel like I am watching one of my pregnancies from the sidelines here, and I feel awful for Cady. Sounds like you guys should have a baby sooner than later with all that is going on.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home