My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Where Was I?






















This is a long story and I hope the pics can tell some of it for me. First, we are home and safe. Baby Isabella is now officially old enough to be born in our hospital.(35 wks) Last week Cady kept spotting and cramping. The hospital wanted us in each time she felt crampy. The 3rd time was lasr Wed I think. That is when we were told that our hospital has a clause in their insurance that all babies less than 35 wks shall be transported to Albuquerque. They have the states best NICU. After many hrs and having to endure several fun exams Cady seemed to have settled down for the night. I let babydaddy(Sergio) spend the night with babymama and I went home to try to get a bit of sleep. Just in case the unimaginable happened and Cady got shipped out, I needed to get a few things together for both of us. Sergio may be the baby daddy but I am the Cady mama and there was no way my baby was going to be flown away in the dark without me. Sergio understood. At 3 AM my head had just hit the pillow when the phone rang. He told me what I didn't want to hear and I woke Joe and grabbed a very odd bunch of stuff and we were off. Instead of packing what we may have needed I had washed a few things for us both but mostly I was on the computer reading up on what was going on in Cadys girl parts. I knew we would not be going anyplace.WRONG, I was so afraid that I would miss the plane. I called Heather to let her know. (oldest daughter and bestest friend) She was at Cadys bedside when Joe and I arrived. The ambulance driver told me they may or may not let me go along. Alamogordo has a small airport. Private planes and emergency aircraft. I have not been there in 29 years. I rode in the ambulance with Cady and the nurses while 3 cars followed. Joe, Heather and Sergio all sleepy and in the same weird scarey dream. The sky was just getting light. I ran over and asked the pilot about letting me come along and he couldn't have been nicer. I had to leave behind some of the things I packed. The plane was small. I sat in a jumpseat in the very back. My bags under my feet.Cady was looking a bit shocky. Joe hugged me and said a short prayer for us. I climbed aboard and we were off. Since it's almost 2AM I will leave off here and write the rest tomorrow. As you can tell, I loaded the pics in reverse. it was just getting light when we left. The flight is about 45 minutes. They sent us to University of New Mexico Hospital. Lots of hot looking young doctors. I kept thinking of Greys Anatomy and wondering if they(hot drs) were meeting the hot nurses in the supply room. Cady and I quickly made friends with our nurse and tech. Our tech spent her free time hanging out with us. This was a very strange adventure the 2 of us went on. Am adding a pic of our tech that we loved and I cried when we left her. Crystal was a sweet gal. as you can see, I may not have brought myself any pants except what I was wearing but I brought my camera and charger. nobody cared when I asked if they minded being in my pics as I am blogging her entire pregnancy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

How scary! I would have been frantic! I laughed when you wrote that are the Cady mama.
I am so relieved that the baby and mama are fine now. I have been waiting for an update. kayla and I are waiting anxiously to hear any news about the baby!

9:16 PM  
Blogger debi said...

I hope there is no news for at least a few more weeks.Trying to get the room ready for Isabella.We really are having a baby. OMG!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Oh Debi, you and your family have had some trials lately. Hopefully, all is calm for the next few weeks. Take care, Babygrandma. You, Cady, and Isabella are in my thoughts and prayers.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I will have to write you a long email..I have been lazy, but I am thinking of you and praying for the wee one.
How did the baby shower go? Did Cady gets some much needed baby things or more of the same? You always forget how much a tiny little person really needs until you bring one hime :)

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home