My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, April 27, 2009











My second night back home. I woke up several times and had no idea where I was. It was strange. I am so happy to be home. Ol Duke dog is hangin in there for right now. He is eating the most yummy of dinners now and I think he will never want to be well for fear of going back on icky dog food. I am making him boiled chicken breat and brown rice. It tastes so good and the brown rice has such a nice earthy taste. Joe thought it was for him. I spent forever shoveling poop late yesterday and it was awful. I think today Dukes tummy may be better. He has had to sleep outside for the second night and its killing me. He and I both have hip troubles and the cold makes for some killer pain. Joe put Charley out to keep Duke company. Jack is such a loud and crazy barker that he has to be inside. My house looks so naked and sad with no floor coverings. I was looking at pics from a week ago when I had all the little ones here and it was so pretty. I guess it was the only way to force us to make time to pull out that nasty old carpet that has been in the hall forever. The hardwood floors look nice. They will be mighty cold next winter. I think I will find a couple of nice hall runners soon. You know how one thing always leads to another? Yes well all this means that we also have to paint. And get base boards in the halls. I have so many things on my list but fear I will never get to do anything. I am happiest when I am working on my house or knitting or sewing. I have to learn to say "NO" to my kids more. I need time to myself. All my sewing has been set aside for so long I don't have any idea where to find it rigfht now. I am seeking that perfect balance of kid time and me time. The me time most always means making something for someone else but that is what gives me joy and a sense of accomplishment. But I have serious hermit tendencies and have to watch myself. I was away at Heathers(a 6 mile drive from my house) when Joe began his new job. He is doing very well and is also making about twice as much $. They decided to do away with the assistant position so that means he will never have any time off. I have been spoiled. He has always been able to drive me to out of town dr appts and such. He gets no lunch break. Actually I won't mind that. I am always on a roll at that time of day and prefer not to have to stop and make food. I am so happy trhat he will be making enough to put gas in the cars and buy tp on a reg basis. The poor man works so hard and until now he was pretty much unhappy about his pay. We had decided that no matter how broke we were that we would be going to the Joe Cocker concert on June. Now we can afford the tickets but Joe will not be off work in time to go. If that is my biggest complaint in my life right now than I am blessed for sure. Besides, I will just get a ticket for Heather and she and I will go. Girls nite out. I better run and hang out that laundry. Including some recent pics of this and that. Grandkids and Cady, oh my isn't that a surprise. darn, I put the same picture twice and have no idea how to remove it. I guess I will figure it out later, laundry calls.