My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

And Clicking Our heels Together We Repeated That Age Old Mantra, There's No Place Like Home

It's 1AM. I am so sleepy that my chin keeps falling into my chest. But here I am. I just gotta. It's been one heluva week. They boys were good as gold. My problem is that I am a house person. I love home and spend most of my time here in the big middle of HOME. Joe came to see us twice. I think he just wanted food. Cady and I came home twice. It was not a good thing our visiting home. No, it was not. Thursday night Joe came to eat dinner with us. He went home around 10. he called me around 11. Seems our sweet old dog had had a bad problem with his bowels. he has never pooped on our floors. He will stand with his legs crossed if need be. We don't know for sure what caused it but it very well may be that he missed Cady and I. He never stops pacing when Cady is gone at night. He searches the house for her over and over again. Up until last week I was never gone longer that a few hours. I was so glad that I was staying with the grandkids and Joe was stuck with that nasty task. When we are gone we always bring our 3 odgs inside. They all have kennels except Duke and he is never a problem. He could not help it. Joe said you could see where he had tried to find me. he left a poo trail as he ran from my side of that bed and into the kitchen and then back to the front door. Joe worked for a few hours and he said that Duke pretty much missed the rugs. Thank God. Cady and I came home to get a few things yesterday and found a surprise waiting for us. it looks like someone had a garden hose and sprayed my livingroom rugs with poop shot from that hose. I stood there sorta frozen for a while. Then a strange screaming curse could be heard all over the neighborhood. That wonderful rug on my floor was maybe 3 years old. I took such good care of it. I loved it. It is now gone. Joe told me he could clean it. No way. I will not have my grandbabies crawling or sleeping on a poop rug. I think you will all agree with me on this. I am going on way too long. I will finish tomorrow. The story is that we may have to put my Duke to sleep if we cannot make him well. He has had to sleep outside and due to his hip problems that pain is too much. He could not stand today when Cady and I got here. My heart is broken. The girl Cady works for was the vet tech that trained Cady. She told me to make him chicken and rice. It tasted so good. She also gave us pain meds for him. We got him Pepto Bismal and a new fluffy bed. He is better tonight but has to sleep out one more night to see how he handles the food. Dawn thinks his hips won't make it one more winter but that we may be able to get him better and have this last summer with him. Time passes so quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home