My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Where Did The Time Go?

I never intended to stay gone for so long. Lots been going on and I read all of you but I never write. Spent the night at my daughter Heather's house with the boys last week. Her husband had to have the 2nd part of the surgery on his ear to restore hearing. She took the baby Natalie (Natalie and Maddie are going to be 3 in Dec and Jan but they are babies to me) with her and sister Sara and Madison went along so that Heather could be at the hospital with Jimmy. I love being with my grandkids so this was great. Christian is 13 now and it is still hard to believe. He is the oldest grandchild. Seth is 7 . Getting off the subject again. Jimmy is fine and will be finding out next week how much hearing is coming back. Went to my Dr appt on Friday to hear the results of all the testing I had done the week before. I was pretty scared I gotta tell you. What if nothing showed up on the MRI about my back? I had so many people tell me that they had even gone through surgery for back pain and they never could find anything on the MRI that pointed out the exact problem. As it turned out that wasn't the case with my MRI. It showed plenty of problems. It was strange. I was scared when before she told me what was wrong, my Dr told me she was sorry about my back. We didn't get to talk that much about the back because my blood pressure was very high and she needed to get that down first. I am not sure about what is good and bad but I do know that 200/109 was not too good. She made me lie down and take some meds and call my daughter to come pick me up. She gave me a short while and if my BP didn't come down I had to go to the hospital. It did and so I didn't have to go to the dreaded place. Sara came to fetch me home. We had to go to Walmart to fill a script for clonidine and pain meds. And we stood in line for 45 minutes. She is going to send me to physical therapy and my hope is to be able to come off pain meds at some point in time. I know that just having them for the last few days has changed my life. I still hurt some but that's okay. It is not what it was. Since we did not get to talk much about what the terms on the MRI sheet meant I will just give you a few words in case you are interested. She was more concerned with the Bp and will meet with me next week to go over that and the bloodwork results that were not in yet. Displaced S1 nerve root,paracentral disc protrusion,large central annular tear and protrusion , arthritis- ahh hell, there is no point in listing more. I have no clue what it all means but I will next week. I could sit here and look it all up and probably will later tonight. Just spent all day Fri and Sat sleeping like Dr told me to. I found that when the Dr tells you to be lazy and do nothing there is no guilt. That doesn't apply today. I have to get laundry done so I will get going. Have a wonderful Sunday my sweet friends. P.S. It's been a few hours since I posted this. I feel strange telling all of this. I want you to know that I realize I am blessed that this is all I am dealing with. Some people have it so much worse than I ever will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

I think that you are blessing, Debi. It could be much worse, true, but you have your own stuff to deal with and it never hinders you helping others.
Biddie

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home