My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wide Awake And Sweaty


Sounds delightful eh? I would like to be sleeping at this hour but it seems my body has finally noticed that it is no longer getting a daily dose of hormone replacement pills. If not for my big blood pressure scare recently that got me reading about what a stroke can do to me, well I would be stuffing those little pills down my throat right now. Really, I would rather deal with hotflashes than a stroke. The hotflashes are like labor pains, they are coming closer together each night. I get about 30 minutes and another comes along. I know I could have lots more to deal with so I will shut up.
I am in the kitchen all day tomorrow. I decided not to buy any pre made anything this year except Mrs Cubbisons cornbread stuffing bread crumbs. I love that stuff. I hate Stove Top. My kids won't eat it. I am making pie crusts too. I never used to buy pre made but with 5 kids one day I decided to give myself a break. Nobody likes the store bought crust so since I only have to bake 2 pies I thought I would go ahead and make the damn dough mess all over the table. Pumpkin and pecan this year. Joe asked for refrigerator potato yeast rolls. (geez, what a mouthful) I am looking for a good jello thing to make too. There was one made with lime jello and cottage cheese and pecans with pineapple. Thats all I know about it. I loved it 20 years ago. Anyone have that receipe? I am making everything ahead of time that I can. This is the only year my family will not be together. Everyone had to go to the other grandparents house . I have to share. But they will all be over. They only like my food. So I will make enough for them to eat later. Sara is cooking her first turkey this year so I will be on the phone with her off and on all day. Heather too. Joe and I invited my friend Debra and her husband to eat with us. She is a potter and also makes soap and beautiful hand made paper. She's a riot and we will have alot of fun and laugh alot. Oh how I look forward to laughing. This has been a stressed week and it's only Wednesday. I hope all of you have a happy day with loved ones and eat too much and laugh alot too. God Bless, deb

1 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home