My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Beware The Pain Pill







After many months of complaining and crying and whining and making others around me want to flee to the hills I was blessed with pain meds. This blessing has two faces. One lets you forget your aches and pains and get on with living and working. Baking and hanging laundry out in the wonderful fall smelling yard. I shoveled poop and enjoyed just being outside. I sewed a lovely fleece blanket for baby Jody and made plans for more for the little ones for Christmas. The only time I sat down was to watch my beloved "House" on TV. The "House" marathon was the 2nd best thing about election day. I wander do I not?
So back to the subject,I totally enjoyed my busy week-end. I woke up last night in a great deal of pain. Yes, you see where I am going don't you? Pain serves a purpose. Without it we tend to forget to take it easy. I had to hold the walls just to make it down the hall to the potty. Joe told me all day to chill out but I just laughed at him. I was living again. Doing the simple chores that had become dreaded and seemed to take forever to complete. Our house is old and needs many repairs. The ceiling is just awful. The old wood floors need to be stripped and redone. If you do not make a fire you will get very cold since there is not really a heater.( the one there is heats the hall and nothing else,I give permission to use it only when little ones are here and are fresh from the tub) Even so, as I turned off the last light late last night ,I stood in the hall and admired all the work I had done and all the sweet old things that cover every flat surface. I felt blessed beyond measure. My old house needed me to clean and bring out the fall decorations and light the pumpkin cinnamon candles. It wanted to smell like the kids all love it to. I will have to keep myself in check and not overdo again. But this one time it was so worth it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

You have to take it slow! LOL. I am sorry that you over did it, but I am relieved to hear that you fianlly had some relief!
Our old house has very little insulation. I hate cranking the heat and I am constantly turning ot back down.
I hate the cold weather.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Debi,

I'm glad the meds helped relieve some of the pain. Lately, my lower back has been hurting. I started reading Louise Hay's metaphysical explanations for pain. Lower back pain is centered around fear of money and lack of financial support. BINGO. I've been so worried and stressed around money issues for a while now. Breen used to have horrible ankle pain and needed to ice constantly. This morning, I looked up the root of ankle pain. It is centered around loss of expressing pleasure. Interesting that his ankle pain completley stopped after we met.

I love old houses and I would never want a new "cookie cutter" house. I too have a list of projects in our new space. However, we are only renting this place and I'm not willing to invest too much time and money and energy in it. Still, old houses ooze with charm. Consider it a blessing about the heat. Imagine the bills for heating in this economy!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Hi Debi,
I was thought of you this morning. My blogging is almost nonexistent. I am sorry that you have back problems, but you seem to have a positive attitude about addressing the woe. The pictures of your home look lovely. Please remember not to overdo during the upcoming holidays. Wow, Thanksgiving is almost here. Take care.

5:18 AM  
Blogger debi said...

Biddie, Jane and Molly I cannot explain how much I love to hear from you. All of you or one of you. It makes my day so much brighter. The yearly depression/fear hit last night and ugh, I forgot how it felt. Nothing special that I worry about. Just the entire thing. Will we be able to come up with enough money? Will I be able to get it all done? Will it be perfect? I set silly goals for myself that make me crazy. It is so much more than Christmas morning that makes it all so special. I want the kids to have wonderful memories of time spent at Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Decorating cookies, making gifts for their moms and dads. I go all out and maybe overboard with the decorations. The tree has to be big.It has to be real. My kids still talk about the way it was when they were small and it is just the way I hoped they would remember it all. When they are small Santa and all the trimmings means so much. They have such great imaginations. Joe used to rig up jingle bells over the bedrooms outside. Just as they were falling asleep he would pull a string and make the bells ring. The looks on their faces was worth everything to us. Those holes are still in the wall. Anyway, I love to do all these things. But right now I am doing as I do each year. I worry that I will not get it just right.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home