My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Friend




I posted a long time ago about my friend Lynne. We go back to about 1968. My kids call her their other mother and hers call me the same. She never gave up on me. The drug years, the drunk years the recovery times. She postponed moving to be with her husband to be here with me and help me through Cadys birth. She was to be a homebirth like my boys. I have never had a friend like her other than her. She could hear me say one word and know if I wasn't okay and she would jump in her car and be right there. We have always done everything together. This time of year is our best time. She drove from Wyo. while in law school so we could be together on Oct 9th for our yearly John Lennon birthday celebration. We would go to the mts and pick apples and then come to my house(her old house) and put in all our Beatle tapes and music and make apple everything. Pies and apple butter and canned apple sauce. The kids would gather round and listen to us talk about the stuff we did as teens. Last year I found her old friend online and he moved here from Denver and moved in with Lynne(she got rid of the crazy hubby finally after 26 yrs) he was an old friend of mine as well. I almost married his brother when I was 16. I was heartbroken when lloyd decided that he could not deal with anyone else being in Lynnes life and she was so happy that she didn't seem to notice that he had pushed us all away. They sold her house and moved 100 miles away to Las Cruces. I am there several times a month but never see her. I tried to talk to her but she was changed. At one point she did let me know she felt bad about the way things were. I know she has no idea why I stopped inviting her to family functions. My family hates Lloyd. I do not like him. He's a loud bossy man who always has a drink in his hand. I write her now and then and she writes back but it's not the same. She told me 2 months ago that she had him move out but he is there alot. I know she will get rid of him at some point. I really felt it didn't matter to me. She was in charge of the way things went with us not him. But no matter what I said I cry for her at least once a week. Making an apple pie yesterday made me miss her. I thought I may write her last night. When I got on my pc there was a letter from her. She's coming to town today and asked if she could come over for a visit. I am beside myself with joy. We have not been alone together(without lloyd) in a year. No girltalk with my best friend in a year. She will be here in an hour and we will drink a pot of coffee and have pie and be us again. My heart is pounding. What if we cannot be us again? Maybe things are forever ruined. I think they will be fine. She's my touch stone. I have no time to go into it and you may not care anyway but I also was there for her. But I always felt like she had a big job being my friend. I was alot of work in the old days.

6 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

you two will pick up where you left off and be just fine. Enjoy the visit, cherish the friendship and give her a hug!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I am so happy for you, Debi! I am sure that you be the same again.
Let us know how it all goes.
I am sure that it will be awesome. I will try to call you, ok

8:24 PM  
Blogger CrystalChick said...

I think sometimes that is the way things have to go with friends. Things do happen, not always for the best, but when it's right and it's meant to be it will get back on track.
Sounds like you two have a very special relationship and I'm sure you'll enjoy each other once again. Nice picture.

7:10 AM  
Blogger debi said...

Those pics of us are 3 yrs old. We have both shaved off some lbs since. I don't have many pictures of us is the cute days. Too busy with kids and no digital cameras back then. Our visit was nice. Sometimes it felt a bit strained but maybe it will improve.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Hi Debi, I read yor comment on Frema's blog and remembered that I have not visited for a long time. I bet the visit with Lynne that you speak about here was wonderful. Take care
Molly

4:33 AM  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Wondering how it went with Lynne? Hope all is well. :o)

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home